• Familiar Tales •

“ Blegh

Blegh. Ink is so slimy.

The camera zooms through the Netherworld to a temple in the midst of the realm. A cloaked individual unlocks a set of doors and checks behind before walking in. They approach a mass of bamboo planks spiraling up in the center of a room and search through them, settling on one, before removing and looking at it as the writing glows.

In Megapolis, two giant serpents attack three old ladies practicing Tai Chi but are blocked by a giant Golden Staff.

MK: G'mornin' ladies!

Lady 1: Morning MK!

Lady 2: What a sweet boy.

Lady 3: Such a dear.

He defeats the serpents and the ladies gather around to have a selfie.

Jin: MONKIE KID! It's your worst enemies, Jin—

Yin: And Yin! The Gold and Silver Demons!

MK gets into his tuk-tuk and drives forward to stop them. The serpents turn into a giant pair of Golden Serpent Shears.

Yin: With our legendary Golden Serpent Shears, we'll give this city a nice little trim.

Jin: But a dye job's gonna cost extra, and the only color we got is red!

MK: Them some big scissors.

He yelps as someone blows by him in a Lotus Dragon Jet.

Mei: Anything else! Literally drive anything else, MK!

Althea: Yeah! Pigsy could kill you if you keep using your tuk tuk on battles!

MK: Hey! I'll have you know this baby's got loads of miles left in her!

The tuk-tuk then putters slowly and breaks. He groans.

MK: Aw, man!

Jin: Oh, no! It's the Dragon and Lotus Girls!

Jin and Yin: What are we gonna do?

Jin: Oh, what's this inside my pretty new robe? Aha, Ne Zha's Universal Ring!