• Destiny Fulfilled •

“ Stop saying destiny, PLEASE

Stop saying destiny, PLEASE.

MK watches as the distance between Monkey King's fist gets closer but Macaque leaps in and holds off Monkey King.

Macaque: Alright, MK. I hope that staff is worth it!

MK takes one last look as their fight explodes above before running up to the staff.

Lady Bone Demon: No matter what you do, you cannot change the path of destiny.

MK: I don't know if all this happened because it was destined to. But I have to believe that I found the staff so I could use it for good: To help people. So that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I'm going to take my staff and protect! This! World!

He grabs his staff but can't pull it out.

MK: Come on!

He tries to pull it from the ground.

Lady Bone Demon: Oh, sweet child. Can't you see? Sun Wukong couldn't best me. What can you hope to accomplish when he has failed?

In the corner of his eye, MK sees Macaque has been thrown to the ground in defeat and Monkey King is coming for him.

Lady Bone Demon: Cast aside your stubbornness and face your demise with honor.

MK: If you really believe that destiny can't be changed, you wouldn't be using every ounce of power you have to keep him contained!

Up close, Lady Bone Demon is revealed to be breaking under her control.

MK: The Monkey King I know will never stop fighting you. And neither will I.

Monkey King leaps at him to deliver the final blow but snaps out of her hold and grabs the staff instead.

Monkey King: Thanks for not giving up on me, bud.

Althea: Woo!

Lady Bone Demon: No!

Monkey King: Time for the hero stuff.

Together, they lift the staff out. Monkey King tosses off her spiritual hold. Down in the mech, the spiritual avatars disappear.

Monkey King: Ugh! I can still feel her crawling under my skin.

MK hugs him.

MK: I'm glad you're back.

Macaque: Uh, guys? Now that Wukong's not under her control.

MK: Oh, no!

Lady Bone Demon: Predictably unpredictable fools! I'm not one to rush destiny but I won't be undone by a troop of headstrong simians!

She summons her Bone Demon powers, freeing the Little girl in the process. Macaque catches her.

Lady Bone Demon: If the Dragon Girl will not give me the Samadhi Fire willingly, then I will rip it from her!