• Pitiful Creatures •

“ Hm

Hm...

MK watches the protective curse complete its transformation.

Protective curse: What's the matter, guy?

MK: Nothing. I just—

Protective curse: Hey, nah, I get it, man. You wanna get back to our Monster of the Week Adventures? To get back to our simple missions with Mei, mastering all Monkey King's powers and delivering noodles for Pigsy, right?

MK: Yeah. Yeah, actually that's exactly what I wanna—

Protective curse: But we can't! Not after all we've seen. All we know and all we don't.

It sighs.

Protective curse: Right, friend?

MK: You're not my friend.

He summons his Golden Staff.

MK: You're not me!

Protective curse: Sure, I am. I'm your best friend! Well, closest at least. I know more about you than you'll even admit. To yourself or to others.

MK takes a step back and the protective curse suddenly appears behind him.

Protective curse: Yo, where you goin', guy?

MK: You're not real. You're just the curse of the scroll trying to get all up inside of my head, just like—

Protective curse: The Lady Bone Demon? Tell me, what do you think we are? Honestly. 'Cause I have been dying to hear us say it. Out loud.

MK: What kind of question is that?! I'm just... I'm just MK. A noodle delivery guy with the powers of the Monkey King. No biggie.

The protective curse appears in front of him.

Protective curse: Oh. You mean, these powers?

The curse takes MK off his feet and punches him with its powers, before coming after him.