• Court of the Yellow Robed Demon •

“ Am I back? ”

Am I back?

The gang regroups near a river in the chapter they found Pigsy.

Pigsy: Blue ain't really my color, but uh beats looking like that monster, Zhu Ganglie.

Tang: Technically, you'd be Zhu Bajie, now that you're on the Journey to the West.

Pigsy: Oh hoho, no, no, no. Don't go comparing me to that demon. My name's just plain old Pigsy.

Mei: I can't wait to meet my ancestor, Ao Lie. I bet he was mega cool! Right, Tangy?

Tang laughs nervously.

Tang: Well...

MK: I wonder when we're gonna meet my ancestor.

Mei: I thought Monkey King was your dad.

MK: He's not my dad. Pigsy's my dad.

Pigsy: Uh, kid, I'm not exactly your uh...

Tang: Hmm, Mei does have a point. MK, the rest of us mysteriously inherited the powers of the ancient warriors. However, Monkey King is the only original companion we know for sure is still alive. And yet, you have inherited all of his power, so it is possible that—

MK: Yeah, right. If Monkey King really was my dad, don't you think he would have said something by now?

Mei: Yeah, 'cause he's normally so forthcoming with information.

MK: Well, whatever. When we find Monkey King's stone, then we'll just ask him.

Tang: (Simultaneously.) What?

Mei: (Simultaneously.) Monkey King's huh?

MK: Monkey King's stone. The one he was born from. Ever since I got into the scroll, I've been having visions of Monkey King standing next to his stone.

Pigsy: Wha... You didn't think to mention that sooner?!

MK: I'm telling you now. If we find the stone, we'll find Monkey King and he can explain to all of you how he's definitely not my dad and everything is fine. So, less yappy, more—

His vision appears.

Monkey King: (Echoing.) Kid!

The vision passes and everything darkens.

MK: Monkey King?

Ink Demons emerge.

Tang: Ah! The scroll's curse. It found us!

Pigsy: Tang, get us outta here!

Tang: Right.

He pulls out Azure Lion's instructions but it blows away.

Tang: Oh, no! My cheat sheet!

Mei: Forget about the cheat sheet! It's exam time, baby!

Tang uses his khakkhara to prepare their teleporation. Behind MK, the Ink Demons take on the form of Yellowtusk, who brings down his ink mallet on MK. Mei streaks in to protect him with her Dragon Blade but Ink Yellowtusk's blow shatters it and his force causes MK and Mei to crash into Tang. They immediately disappear into separate chapters.