Elephant In The Room

Katsumi P.O.V

His raspy voice rang clear on the other side of the phone. He sounded tired, but I replied with a more energetic tone, "Hey yourself", I spoke.

A few moments of silence followed until he asked me to come over for lunch. I know his mother is over, so I shivered at the thought. Ms. Aizawa was no force to play with and she can't be fooled. One wrong step and she'll forever know that we slept with each other.

My lip tugged between my teeth, nervous on what I should do next, but it became clear what the right choice was. I don't want him to think that I'm avoiding him and if I say no, then it would send the wrong message.

"Yeah of course. What time?", I asked.

"I'm hoping you could come by now or as soon as possible"

My stomach twisted in fear. Of no means did I think this invitation would give me less than 2 hours to recuperate.

I gave a shaky, sure, before he ended the call in hopes of my arrival. I looked at my phone, shyly debating on calling back to come up with an excuse, but it became clear that I was procrastinating.

Ten seconds didn't even pass by, yet I already started to falter my plans. I shook my head and slapped my cheeks with both my hands, frantically talking to myself in way to convince that everything will be fine.

Reiss walked in to the room with arms crossed, expecting me to fill her in, "So? Aizawa huh"

My head nodded, validating her accusation, "Yup"

What I didn't expect to see next was her small smile. She grabbed my suitcase and walked in closer, "You know, I was mad before, but I knew one of these days it was gonna happen"

"Reiss-"

"Let me finish", she fixed my clothes and quietly laughed, "It has became clear how close you two are. Yeah, you guys have your fights, but he cares about you. A lot actually and you care about him. I don't know how this all will turn out, but what I do know is that I won't let you miss your shot on talking with him"

I gave her a light smile and mouthed thank you.

"I'll get your stuff back to your apartment. If you need anything, just text me, but I do want details when you get back"

"Details about the lunch I'm going to or about last night?", I questioned.

"Both", she smirked.

We both made way down to the main floor to check out and headed to my apartment. I wasn't originally supposed to go back with her, but I had to change if I was gonna look presentable.

She offered her help with my clothes, but I declined her offer, "But I wouldn't mind if you helped me with my hair. I want to look nice. The last time we ate together didn't go so well, so I want this to be different"

"And your hair has something to do with it because?"

"Because the last time I was stressed and it showed. I wanna look well put together", I explained.

"Katsumi, the man wants you to be there as soon as you can. If I do your hair it's gonna be a few. You sure you don't want to hit the salon up before you go? What about that salon in the mall you and Mic went to?"

"Yeah, can you take me there and drop me off to his house right after. The mall is right up the road", I asked.

"Yeah, let's go. I'll grab the keys"

Aizawa P.O.V

"So when will this mystery girl be here"

Guess there's no getting out of this, "I told her to come soon, whenever she's ready. Might take her some time"