This Was A Mistake

Sakiya P.O.V

*[ hour past*

Haruki sat next to me on the couch, surprisingly, reading the latest magazine. I haven't seen him all day until now, "Didn't take you for the gossip type", I said.

His eyes diverted to me, replying plainly, "We need to be updated constantly about the drama. Especially about Katsumi"

"We do?", I questioned confused.

"The paparazzi aren't always good with their angles and the journalist like to twist things up. People just read these things without knowing the full story, so they assume the worst. If we're not updated then we might miss something. It's up to us to make sure we keep her safe from crazed fans and dangerous threats", he informed.

I peeked over to see what he was reading and noticed this was from yesterday. Well that was fast. The title read international pop star Katsumi goes back to ex boyfriend Leon Cage.

It was a picture of the two at the party with Katsumi arm on his shoulder and his face nuzzled in between her neck. I could see how this would look bad. Any man out there would see this and automatically jump to conclusions.

If I were to be honest, those two have been friendly towards the end of the night. I even saw her leave the party to go upstairs with him. She never came back down and now that I think about, I haven't seen him come back down neither.

When we all checked out the next morning, she was still checked into her room. Those two must've done something or maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong.

"It's not your place to judge", I heard him say. "It's our job to keep her safe, so whatever you're thinking, stop. It's not our business"

"Oh come on. You're not even a little curious to what those two were doing. They've been upstairs the whole night", I shoved.

"Somebody spilled juice on her and he went to go help", he said in an obvious tone.

"Well that's not a two person job. Plus, if he's an ex, who's to say he didn't go up there to help her with more than a stain", I shrugged.

"Like I said, it's none of our business"

Well he's a downer, "Haruki, you're at the same level as all of us now, so the least you can do is play along", I joked.

"Play along? Katsumi can be in danger from this". He sterned.

"It's just gossip"

"Gossip that these people will take out of proportion. Let's say people who are a fans of Leon go trying to send her threats, or fans of hers go trying to kidnap her to keep her all to themselves. These are the things that should be on your mind. Not who she's sleeping with", he slammed the magazine on the couch, leaving me to my lonesome.

Being on her security team was more serious than I thought. I only stayed at this job because Shouta was here, but he quite, so where does that leave me?

I sighed, taking out my phone to search for his number. I know we left on a bad note, but I want to talk to him. Maybe I can talk some sense into him. We're still married and we can get past this.

I stared at his contact, swallowing the little bit of saliva I had as I pressed onto his contact, "Please answer..."

Aizawa P.O.V