MinWon | Viral Infection Part I

Mingyu stood in the kitchen, the warm aroma of garlic and ginger filling the air as he sautéed vegetables for their dinner. The sound of sizzling oil was comforting, a melody he had come to love. He glanced at the clock, noting that Wonwoo would be home soon.

Just then, the front door creaked open, and he heard Wonwoo's footsteps. They were uneven, a telltale sign that his boyfriend was feeling a little unsteady.

"Babe, I'm home." Wonwoo called, his voice slightly slurred.

Mingyu turned off the stove, wiping his hands on a towel before stepping into the living room. "Hey, baby! How was your day?" He smiled, but his brow furrowed at the sight of Wonwoo swaying slightly.

"Long," Wonwoo replied, stumbling a bit closer. "Didn't think I'd be this dizzy."

Mingyu's heart raced with concern. "You okay? You look a bit pale." He moved forward, wrapping an arm around Wonwoo's waist to steady him.

"Just tired, babe. I'm fine," Wonwoo insisted, though he leaned into Mingyu's side for support.

"Come sit down. I'll finish dinner in a minute," Mingyu said, guiding him to the couch. "You need some water."

"Thanks, babe," Wonwoo murmured, sinking into the cushions. "You always know what I need."

Mingyu chuckled, rushing to fill a glass with water. "I'm like a mind reader when it comes to you. Just don't tell anyone, or I'll have to start charging for my services."

Wonwoo smirked, taking the glass from Mingyu's hand. "How much are we talking?"

"Hmm, let's see... a lifetime of cuddles and the occasional back rub should do it."

"Deal." Wonwoo took a sip, wincing slightly. "Ugh, how do you make water taste so good?"

"Magic," Mingyu teased, returning to the kitchen. "And maybe a dash of love."

"Definitely a lot of love," Wonwoo called back, his voice a little stronger now. "What are we having?"

"Stir-fried veggies and rice. Simple but delicious-just like you."

Wonwoo chuckled softly. "Flattery will get you everywhere, you know."

"I'll keep that in mind for next time you need me to help you with your schedule," Mingyu replied, stirring the pot. "You're going to overwork yourself if you're not careful, baby."

"I know," Wonwoo sighed, glancing at Mingyu. "But it's hard to say no when I'm excited about projects."

Mingyu nodded, stepping away from the stove to look at him. "I get it, but promise me you'll take it easy sometimes. I want you healthy and happy."

Wonwoo smiled, his eyes softening. "I promise, babe. As long as you're around to remind me."

Mingyu grinned, returning to the stove. "Always."

They fell into a comfortable silence, the only sounds being the clatter of utensils and the sizzling of dinner. Mingyu glanced over at Wonwoo, who was trying to keep his eyes open, a small smile still lingering on his lips.

"Baby?" Mingyu called gently.

"Hmm?"

"Next time, can you at least try to walk straight when you come home?"

Wonwoo chuckled, his voice playful. "No promises."

Mingyu turned back to the stove, stirring the veggies one last time before plating everything. The kitchen smelled incredible, and he couldn't wait for them to eat together. He glanced at the couch, noting how Wonwoo's eyes were fluttering.