161-170

Chapter 161 Return without Success
Du Ruo watched the children gathering around to buy grilled fish. She also became interested when she smelled the aroma and planned to buy one to take home and eat.

She was not in a hurry and just stood by and waited, planning to go up and buy some after the children's fish were finished grilling.

Then someone said, "Shen Qing, hasn't your father come home these days?"

The child named Shen Qing shook his head. Du Ruo looked at him. The child was tall and thin, almost the same height as a junior high school student, but he was too thin. His skin was also exceptionally white. Du Ruo knew that he was only ten years old.

The child said mysteriously, "I heard from my mom that your dad had another little one, and she's so pretty."

Shen Qing pursed his lips tightly. This matter was not a secret. The county town was not big, and any little thing would be spread all over the city. What's more, his father did not hide it from anyone, so naturally everyone knew about it. He thought of his mother's tears and pursed his lips again.

Du Ruo's heart moved. She had only read a story in the newspaper at that time. It seemed that things were not quite as she had imagined. Maybe there was a chance to poach people this time.

Du Ruo didn't buy fish either. Seeing Shen Qing walking home with the grilled fish, she slowly followed Shen Qing all the way to Shen's house.

Not far away, he saw Shen Qing crossing an alley and standing in front of the gate of a small courtyard without going in. Du Ruo pretended to pass by and glanced into the courtyard. There was an old lady standing in front of the door with her hands on her waist, cursing.

"What qualifications do you have to yell at me? Have you ever earned a penny? Aren't you still supported by my son? What's wrong with him finding a younger one?

Accountant Wu is pretty and has a job, but look at yourself? You eat and drink for free at home all day long, and you only know how to ask for money. Did my son give you money again? Hurry up and give me half of it. I'm going home now. It's almost dark, can't you see? "

After a long while, a female comrade came out of the room.

She had two long, sloppily combed black braids, and wore a slightly faded blue top, black pants, and cloth shoes with thousand-layer soles. Her face was a little swollen, and her eyes were red, obviously she had just cried. She looked very simple.

She reached out and handed a roll of money to the old lady, and said with a cry in her voice: "The money Shen An gave me is here, you can take it."

The old lady rolled her eyes at her, put the money in her pocket, opened the door and walked out. When she reached the door, she saw Shen Qing standing there with a smile on her face like a chrysanthemum.

"Hey, my eldest grandson is back? Why are you standing here? Come into the house and let your mother serve you dinner. This is the only use she has."

The old lady turned around and shouted to the courtyard: "Are you dead? Didn't you see my eldest grandson came back? Hurry up and wait for my eldest grandson to come in for dinner. What's the point of keeping you around all day long?"

The old lady walked away. Shen Qing pushed the door open and entered the yard. He seemed not to have seen his mother's tears, and there was a hint of happiness in his voice.

"Mom, I bought your favorite grilled fish. I've been waiting for a long time. Come and eat it while it's hot."

"Mom doesn't want to eat, so you eat it."