On your date

Your father held out an arm towards you, ushering Bucky into the front room. You took in a deep breath, nervous to see what his reaction is, you step into the middle of the room.

Bucky turns the corner and the sweetest smile appears on his face as his eyes meet yours. He looks at you, up and down then meeting your eyes again. He looked so smart and standing tall in his uniform. It was the first time you had noticed him as a fully grown man, so broad and striking. He had taken his hat off so his hair was a little out of place which he groomed back with his hand.

'You look stunning', the smile only widened as he took more of you in.

'Thank you', you replied whilst almost curtseying towards him.

He was holding a single flower in his hand and brought it up towards you as he spoke. 'A flower, for my flower', you couldn't help but chuckle along with him. Your parents looked at each other and shared a sweet moment. Their little girl all grown up.

You take the flower and say thank you again. Bucky bends his arm at the elbow whilst turning back towards the door, 'shall we?'.

You link your arm into his, still with a huge smile from what a perfect gentleman he has been in this moment.

You both said your goodbyes to your parents and were on your way.

It was a short walk to the Stark Expo but it was rather chilly so you had grabbed a shawl on your way out to cover your arms. You held it closed with your hand still clutching the flower and your other hand was taken by Buckys. You loved the feeling of his hand in yours, the warmth against the cold air, giving you butterflies whenever he glanced over at you as you strolled along. Although it had not long begun you couldn't think of a more perfect date or person to be sharing it with.

That was until you realised it wasn't just the two of you attended, now you really weren't sure if it was a date at all. There was a small gang of people you knew there, including a man named Steve who was Buckys best friend. He was small in stature but was always very kind when you'd seen him.

The group broke off and it was just you, Bucky, Steve and a good friend of yours Bonnie. You had lingered around to watch Stark come on stage with his latest inventions. You were all mesmerised having never thought anything like this were possible.

Following on from this Bucky and Steve went off and only Bucky returned, you weren't sure if there had been a falling out but didn't want to pry. Bucky took your arm and Bonnie on his other side. He searched for the group you were previously with. Once you'd found them Bonnie went with them, so now it was just you and Bucky.

You walked beside each other, the area was loud from the expo so Bucky leant over to you and half shouted, 'would you like to go for a walk with me?'.

You felt butterflies again as you could feel his eyes on you. Before you could answer he took your hand and led you.