You had missed this

As you exit the ambulance there is a group of people chattering in the distance who start to walk towards you. The first to introduce themselves was a beautiful red-haired woman, 'Hi, I'm Natasha, welcome! We've heard a lot about you and are looking forward to working with you.' As she was greeting you she noticed your injuries, 'But first let's get you seen to..'

'Hey Bruce', she called out over towards the building. 'Don't worry, we will look after you', she whispered taking your hand and leading you over.

As you walked closer you could see someone familiar. It had been years but he looked exactly the same, well exactly as the pictures you had seen in the papers since his experiment. He peered up at you with friendly eyes and began to smile. 'This can't be real', he said as he lunged into you scooping you up into a hug. It was slightly strange as you had barely hugged before but it was so nice to see someone you knew from the old days. Also, it felt good to be held, you can't remember the last hug you had. Not that you had missed being around people but you now suddenly realised you had missed hugs. He smelt good and felt strong around you. You almost felt a release of anxiety, you didnt have to face everything completely on your own anymore.. As he released you he seemed excited to catch up, 'They said who would be coming but I just assumed it was someone of the same name, how is it possible you are.. well like me I suppose? The same after all these years..' He looked at you curiously, as the excitement seemed to disappear from his face.

'I...I, well I guess you could say was kind of experimented on.' You suddenly felt all eyes on you and realised you had never told this story to anyone other than your mother decades ago. You turned your head towards the side of Steve and whispered to him, 'Let's catch up about that later'.

'Ok, sure', he replied.

'Bruce will take you to get cleaned up, and then we can catch up later on. There's actually a party happening here later. It's being hosted by Tony Stark. So that will be a nice way for you to meet everyone.' He smiled as he informed you.

'Stark you say? Somewhat of a throwback to our last night out', you chuckled to him.

He chuckled back, 'Things are a bit different these days.. I'm just really pleased to see you. There's so much to talk about! But I will see you later.' He raised his hand and did a half bow before turning and exiting back into the facility.

With that Natasha took your arm and led you to follow Bruce so you could get some medical attention.

'Sweet guy isn't he', she said almost as a question.

'Yeah, we go way back', you replied.

'So once Bruce has cleaned you up, come find me and we can get you ready for later - I'm sure between us all here we can find you something stunning to wear'.

You turned back to say thanks to Nick then followed Natasha and Bruce inside.