𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓮

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───i'll spend forever wondering if you knew

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
i'll spend forever wondering
if you knew.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

i sat on the couch, my fingers tracing circles on my thigh as i watched billie from across the room. she was lost in thought, her eyes glued to the tv, but i knew she wasn't really paying attention. there had been a time when we couldn't stop talking, when our silences were warm, not heavy like this.

billie glanced my way, gave a small smile that didn't reach her eyes, then looked back at the screen. my chest tightened. we hadn't fought, not really, but it felt like we had. it was the little things—the way her texts had grown shorter, the late-night phone calls that used to last for hours now ending in minutes. it felt like she was slipping away, and i didn't know how to stop it.

"are you okay?" i asked softly, knowing the answer already.

"yeah, just tired," she replied, her voice flat, like she didn't want to talk about it.

i nodded, biting the inside of my cheek. i used to know exactly what to say to bring her out of her moods, to make her laugh, to get her to open up. but now? i felt like i was talking to a stranger.

i thought back to when we first started dating. everything had been so easy. we'd stay up all night, talking about music, life, everything and nothing. she had looked at me like i was the only thing that mattered in the world. now, she barely looked at me at all.

i swallowed hard. "do you... still want this?" the words came out shaky, and i hated how vulnerable i felt.

billie paused, her eyes finally meeting mine, and for a moment, something flickered there. but then it was gone, replaced by that same distant look.

"i don't know," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

the silence that followed was unbearable. my heart pounded in my chest, the weight of those three words crushing me. i had known, deep down, that something was wrong, but hearing her admit it felt like the ground had been ripped out from under me.

"i can't keep doing this," i said, my voice trembling. "i can't keep pretending everything's okay when it's not."

billie's eyes softened, but she didn't say anything. she didn't reach out. she just sat there, silent, like she was already halfway out the door.

i felt the tears welling up, but i blinked them back. i wasn't going to cry. not now. "if you don't want this... just say it. i need to know."

billie took a deep breath, then let it out slowly. "i care about you, ev. i really do. but something's changed, and i don't know how to fix it."

my heart sank. i had been waiting for those words, but hearing them still hurt. "you don't want to fix it," i whispered, more to myself than to her.

billie didn't answer. and that silence—that heavy, suffocating silence—was all the answer i needed.

i stood up, my legs shaky but determined. "i love you, billie," I said, my voice breaking. "but i can't be the only one fighting for this."

she looked at me, eyes full of regret but no fight left in them. i felt my heart shatter, but i turned and walked away before she could see my tears.

as the door closed behind me, i knew this was the end. i had lost her.

8 months later...

Liked by finneas and 9,183,839 moreevieee new song "you're losing me" is out now!!!!

evieee new song "you're losing me" is out now!!!!

view all 19,291 comments

oliviarodrigo fuck you im sobbing whats this song
> evieee @oliviarodrigo hehehe

user9 guys i seriously think this is about billie
> user8 @user9 shut up im gonna cry🙁

taylorswift im so proud of you 🩷
> evieee @taylorswift i love you mama swift<3

finneas love it!!! so proud of you
> evieee @finneas THANK YOU FINNNYYY
> user3 i love how theyre still in contact even after
everything that happened:(((

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
i was enchanted to meet you.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───