𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓷 𝓹𝓽.1

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───i'll spend forever wonderingif you knew

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
i'll spend forever wondering
if you knew.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

i still remember the first time i saw her. billie, standing there in her worn-out jeans, her black lipstick smudged, eyes glinting under the dim streetlight. there was something about her, something magnetic, like she had a whole world swirling inside of her that no one else could touch. i knew in that moment, even though i was young, that she would change everything.

we spent our nights chasing each other through the city, hiding behind corners and kissing under flickering neon signs. her hand would always find mine, steady and warm, like she was guiding me through some maze only she could navigate. when she kissed me, her hand under my sweatshirt, i could feel the heat radiating off her, grounding me in a way i'd never felt before.

i wasn't used to feeling wanted, not really. i'd always felt a little forgotten, like an old cardigan tucked away under someone's bed, collecting dust. but she found me, pulled me close, and told me i was her favorite. for a while, i believed her.

there was a time when kissing in cars and sneaking into bars was all we needed. those moments felt like freedom, like nothing else mattered. she'd trace the scars on my skin, drawing invisible stars around them, making them beautiful in a way i never thought possible. but scars still hurt, and love, no matter how magical it seemed, couldn't erase that.

it wasn't long before things started to shift. she became distant, slipping away like water running through my fingers. i tried to hold on, but the harder i tried, the further she drifted. she left, just like that. no explanation, no goodbye. just gone.

i cursed her for it. i'd see her ghost in grocery stores, hear her laugh in the echo of a crowded room. she haunted every corner of my life, lingering like the memory of a kiss that never really fades. i wanted to move on, to forget, but the smell of her smoke stayed with me, a constant reminder of what we had, of what we lost.

and then, tonight—there she is, standing on my porch, looking at me with those same eyes, the ones that knew me better than anyone ever could. her hand rests nervously at her side, like she's not sure what to say, but i already know why she's here.

she never really left me, not fully. and now, after all this time, she's back. standing in the rain, waiting for me to open the door. part of me hates her for leaving, for breaking us. but the other part—the part that's still wearing the cardigan she once wrapped me in—wants to let her in. because no matter how much time has passed, i still feel that pull.

she walks toward me, slow, hesitant, like she's not sure i'll let her back in. but i already know—i always do.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
i was enchanted to meet you.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───