Autumn To The Rescue

Monday 9:06AM

I am back in the nursery today and something just doesn't feel right and I really have no clue what it is. Everything seems normal, Deliah is sitting across the office at her desk doing paperwork quiet as normal, a few parents have been in to complain, the single mom's and dad's have tried to flirt with me. Everything is normal. I just can't shake this uneasy feeling I am having.

D- "Reecey?"

I shoot Deliah a glare for calling me Reecey. I know it is a habit but I hate that nickname. It is something Mia made up when we were younger just to bother me.

D- "Sorry Reece"

R- "Mm?"

D- "I am going to run out for lunch, I'll be back in an hour."

R- "Yeah that's fine go ahead, take your time."

Deliah leaves me alone in the office which isn't a big deal. I would much rather be alone right now until I can figure out what the hell is bothering me. I resume my work filing new children who are joining the nursery among other things, when I hear a familiar voice, which causes my body to immediately tense up.

RO- "Reece."

I look up and see my dad. That explains what was wrong to a tea.

R- "Dad, how can I help you?"

I scan over my dad. He is still quite beaten up from when I last saw him. I shift my gaze behind him and see Siobhan who is in the family room talking with Vivian, not too sure why she is here since her son Jamie goes to the other nursery.

RO- "Nothing I am just keeping an eye on Siobhan I think she has something going on with that woman which if she does that is disgusting."

R- "Dad I don't think she does, I think Vivian is just another angry parent who likes to complain."

I lie to my dad in an attempt to protect Siobhan and Vivian both, as I know my dad will hurt them both if he finds out they even slightly like each other.

R- "Why is Vivian over here anyways? Her kid goes to the other nursery."

RO- "I told Siobhan to schedule her meeting here this week if Vivian decided to have another one because I can see the family room from the office."

R-"Of course you did."

I mumble under my breath just as I look past my dad into the family room and see Vivian hug Siobhan, which makes Siobhan start to cry on her shoulder.

RO- "Anyways Reece, I hope you know i expect an apology for how you acted the other night. You not only sent me, and Siobhan to the hospital but you also almost got your sister killed."

I think to myself I can't believe he is doing this he is blaming me for that again, as he rambles on I grab my phone and shoot Autumn a text while still listening to my dad saying everything that happened is my fault.

R- "Hey Aut could you get over here? Dad is here with Siobhan over seeing her meeting with Vivian trying to see if she is having an affair with her or something like that. Not to mention he is trying to convince me that what happened the other night is my fault again."

A- "Be there in 15."

Autumn doesn't say anything else in response which tells me she is either mad at me for bothering her or she is pissed at my dad and going to do something drastic.

I look past my dad again and into the family room. Siobhan and Vivian are now sitting down having a talk. Vivian catches my gaze and gives me a small wave before returning her gaze back to Siobhan. Siobhan seems to notice and turns her head and she catches me watching them and she seems to see my dad standing here and when she does i see the color drain from her face apparently she didn't really know why they had to have the meeting here.

Not long after this I hear a sudden smash outside which also catches my dad's attention.

RO- "What the hell was that?"

R- "I have no clue."

I look out the window and I see Autumn with her baseball bat smashing my dad's car for a second time. She moves fast, as she already has all the windows busted out and the hood smashed.

R- "your car seems to be needing maintenance."

RO- " What does that mean?"

R- "Means your car is getting smashed you might want to handle that."

My dad rushes out of the office completely forgetting about Siobhan and Vivian in the family room. I look out the window and give Aut a thumbs up which she sees and goes back to smashing my dad's car.

While my dad is outside now trying to stop Autumn from smashing his car for a second time I get up from my desk and rush across the corridor and into the family room where Vivian is now again trying to comfort Siobhan.

R- "Are you okay?"

I ask Siobhan who is so distraught she looks like she is going to cry.

S- "Obviously not your father is trying to see what is going on between me and Viv."

V- "Bon-Bon you can't let him get to you. You are perfect in every way, it is not your fault he abuses you."

I listen quietly to Vivian talk to Siobhan. I may not be close with Siobhan but she definitely doesn't deserve what my dad put her through. I watch Vivian wipe the tears gently from Siobhan's face before Siobhan looks at me before starting to speak again.

S- "Where is Roger at?"

I can hear the worry in her voice that he saw something between herself and Vivian.

R- "He is outside in the car park. Aut is doing a number on his car right now. She is just as tired as myself, maybe even more."

I stay and talk with them for a few minutes until I hear my dad and Autumn in the corridor screaming at each other. I leave Vivian and Siobhan alone in the family room and go out to see what is going on with my dad and sister and as soon as I get outside all I hear and see is the wip of Autumn's bat making contact with our dad's shin and him yell out in pain and fall to the floor.

I laugh and look at my sister.

R- "Look at that Autumn to the rescue"