Restrictive Intake

Friday 4:06PM

I am at home today by myself of course today of all days. I took the day off work as Deliah would be there all day anyways. Today is the anniversary of the day I got diagnosed with my eating disorder and it pains me, it does every year for the last 23 years. This day is a constant reminder of how badly I failed Aut. How badly I failed my Dad, and how badly I failed myself.

I am realizing that it is genuinely getting bad again and I mean really bad. I am restricting my food intake, I am obsessively working out which I guess helps me stay fit. I even have started to document how much I eat. My rule is for every 100 calories I eat, that is a 30 minute workout, somedays that leaves me working out for 5 hours, other days not at all.

7:00PM

I am getting ready to leave with Marjorie as my dad planned a dinner for, Myself, Marjorie, Autumn, Siobhan, his latest squeeze and himself. Winter will also be tagging along as he makes it more tolerable for Autumn to be around people. I am really dreading this I haven't seen my father since I had passed out in my office and went to the hospital a couple weeks ago

Me and Marjorie arrive at the restaurant and we are greeted by everyone but my father of course we all get sat down I am sat between Marjorie and Autumn as they both know to keep me away from my dad as much as possible and lucky everything for the most part was okay until we were getting near the end of dinner and My girlfriend and sister left to the bathroom, leaving me, Siobhan, Winter, and my dad at the table.

My dad puts his elbows on the table and looks me dead in the eyes before speaking.

RO- "Reece I know you have been avoiding me because you were hospitalized for not eating enough. Quite frankly that was a stupid choice of yours and I hope you know that doesn't prove anything to me."

R- "Dad I.."

RO- "Reece shut up. You are a disappointment of a son. It is no wonder your mom left us, her son is sensitive and dramatic, who always tries to play victim.

I stand up and slam my hands on the table hard scaring Siobhan and Winter as i do.

R- " DAD I AM SO SICK OF YOU!"

I look at Roger who is un-phased by my outburst.

R- "YOU ARE SUCH A SHITTY ASS FATHER AND PERSON! MY MOM LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU SHE MUST HAVE HATED YOU SO MUCH SHE CHEATED ON YOU! And unlike Siobhan dad she wasn't scared of you."

I immediately shut up as I knew I fucked up, when I see Siobhan trying to not cry. I know i shouldn't have said that even though it is true I know my dad will beat her when they get home.

S- "Roge I promise I am not scared of you, I love you."

I watch as she hugs my dad showing she is on his side but I know deep down she just doesn't want my dad to hurt her.

Autumn quickly rushes back to the table and she sees me standing there with my fist clenched looking like I am going to have a breakdown and my dad sitting there looking unbothered.

R- "Look dad I am sorry for yelling and making a scene but I am so tired of you treating me, and Aut like this. You have never shown us that you love us, you have only ever cared about yourself and your money. Me and Aut lost our mom and all we want is a loving dad and a loving mom but neither of you have given us that you both only think about yourselves."

My dad rolls his eyes at me, of course he did. I see Autumn glare at my dad like she was going to kill him.

I look at my dad hoping he will say something he never does. Next thing I know I see Autumn punch our dad square in the face making him fall out of his chair, him and Autumn break out into a fight. I stand there feeling helpless as I see Winter and Siobhan scramble to pull them apart.

After a few seconds of this I run desperately to the bathroom, throw myself into the stall, shove 2 fingers down my throat and make myself vomit until I am weak and am on the verge of passing out more determine to prove my dad wrong and that I really am sick because of him.