Mr Loverman |Chapter 19|

‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

It had been around three days since the incident at HYBE, and I still couldn't shake the feeling that my whole world had crumbled. Everything felt different—school, my friends, even the simplest things like walking around campus. It was as if someone had drained all the color out of my life, leaving it in dull shades of black and white.

Eunchae's words, her cold expression, the way she said she hated me—it all played on a constant loop in my mind. I couldn't forget it. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw her standing there, emotionless, as the guards dragged me away. That image haunted me.

I hadn't seen or heard from her since that day, and it hurt more than I thought it would. It wasn't like I had any reason to believe she would reach out, especially after what she'd said, but a part of me had hoped. No, I had been desperate for her to tell me it was all a mistake. But she hadn't. And that hurt more than anything.

Aki had noticed. He always did. No matter how hard I tried to act normal, Aki could see through it. Even when I was sitting in class, pretending to listen to the lecture, I could feel his eyes on me. He didn't say anything at first, but I knew it was coming.

The final bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, and I packed up my stuff in silence. As I slung my bag over my shoulder and headed toward the door, Aki caught up with me. He wasn't smiling like usual. His brows were furrowed, concern clear in his eyes.

"Hey, man. You alright?" he asked, his voice softer than normal.

I shrugged, trying to avoid his gaze. "I'm fine."

"Yeah? Because you don't look fine." Aki stepped in front of me, blocking my path. He didn't let me brush him off like I wanted to. "You've been acting weird for days. What's going on?"

I sighed, glancing down the hallway. I didn't want to talk about it. I didn't want to think about it. But avoiding Aki was impossible. He was like a dog with a bone—once he latched onto something, he didn't let go.

"Can we not do this here?" I muttered.

"Sure." Aki gave a small nod. "Let's head to your dorm. I'll grab some Soju, and we'll talk. Alright?"

I didn't argue. At least with some alcohol in my system, maybe I'd be able to explain everything without falling apart. We made our way to my dorm, Aki stopping by a nearby convenience store to grab two bottles of Soju.

When we finally got to my room, I dropped my bag on the floor and collapsed onto my bed. Aki popped the cap off one of the bottles and handed it to me before sitting down across from me, waiting patiently for me to say something.

I took a long swig, the burn of the alcohol doing little to numb the ache in my chest. After a few more sips, I finally spoke.

"It's about Eunchae," I said quietly, staring down at the bottle in my hands.