Last Day |Chapter 17|

‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

The first rays of sunlight filtered through my blinds, casting a warm glow across my room, but that wasn't what woke me. Today was the day—Eunchae's final appearance as an emcee on Music Bank. That thought alone pulled me from sleep far earlier than usual, filling me with a sense of excitement and nervous anticipation I hadn't felt in a long time. As I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, a wave of emotions washed over me. This wasn't just any day. This was the end of an era for Eunchae, and I wanted to be there for her, to support her in every way I could.

As I got ready, I could feel the weight of the day pressing down on me. I wanted everything to be perfect. My reflection stared back at me in the mirror, and I made a conscious effort to look presentable. After all, today wasn't just about watching her emcee for the last time. She'd hinted at something during one of our late-night calls, something about performing in front of someone "special." I couldn't help but hope that meant me.

By the time I stepped outside, the morning air was crisp, carrying with it the kind of calm that felt like the world was still waking up. I scanned the street, spotting Gyeon Ji's familiar black SUV parked at the curb. He sat in the driver's seat, his expression as stoic as ever, but the slight tilt of his head as I approached told me he was expecting me.

I slid into the passenger seat, pulling the door shut behind me. The hum of the engine filled the silence as we pulled away from my apartment.

"You ready for today?" Gyeon Ji asked after a few minutes of driving. His eyes stayed on the road, but his tone was casual, as if we were discussing something as mundane as the weather.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied, trying to sound confident, though my voice wavered slightly. "I just want to be there for her, you know? Make sure she knows how proud I am."

Gyeon Ji gave a soft grunt in response, but there was something understanding in his expression. "She's been talking about this for the whole week. You being there will mean a lot."

That small affirmation from him somehow eased the knot in my chest. Gyeon Ji had always been reserved with his words, but when he spoke, you knew it mattered.

The drive felt both eternal and fleeting. My thoughts wandered, bouncing between memories of Eunchae's emceeing journey, the playful banter we'd shared, and the hint of sadness I could sense in her voice the last time we spoke. By the time we pulled up to the entrance of the studio, I felt a mixture of excitement, nerves, and an overwhelming need to see her.

Gyeon Ji parked the car and handed me a sleek VIP pass with a silent nod. I took it, feeling the weight of its significance in my hand. I wasn't just attending Music Bank today—I was stepping into Eunchae's world, even if just for a brief moment.

Inside, the energy of the studio hit me like a wave. There were people everywhere—staff rushing from one place to another, production teams working diligently to make sure everything was perfect. The hum of activity buzzed in the air, and it felt like a completely different world from the one I was used to. I followed Gyeon Ji through the maze of hallways, my eyes scanning every door we passed, each labeled with different signs: "Wardrobe," "Production," "Green Room." But it was the one marked "Emcee" that made me stop in my tracks.