Homesick|Chapter 22|

‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

Eunchae POV

The living room was calm, almost too quiet, as we sat around, each lost in our own world. Yunjin was scrolling through her phone, occasionally showing something funny to Kazuha, while Chaewon and Sakura debated over what movie to watch later. I sat on the couch, staring at my screen, but not really seeing anything. My mind was elsewhere, tangled in thoughts of him.

I shook my head, trying to focus on anything but that. I couldn't keep doing this to myself. It was just another day, another moment to get through. I needed to stop obsessing over something I couldn't change, something I had no control over anymore.

Suddenly, our manager burst into the room, a huge grin plastered across his face. We all perked up, sensing something big was about to happen.

"Girls, I've got some exciting news!" he said, his voice brimming with enthusiasm. He looked around, waiting for our attention before delivering the bombshell. "You're going on a world tour!"

The room erupted with cheers. Yunjin jumped up from the couch, Kazuha and Sakura squealed in excitement, and Chaewon clapped her hands together, her face lighting up with pure joy. It was the news every idol dreams of—the chance to perform in front of fans from all over the world.

I wanted to feel that excitement too, to jump up and celebrate with them. But as the words sank in, all I could think about was how far away I'd be. Not just from Korea, but from him.

Months. We'd be away for months.

I tried to swallow the lump forming in my throat, forcing myself to smile. This was good news. I should be excited. But the thought of being thousands of miles away, unable to even pretend I could run into him, made my heart ache. The distance between us already felt unbearable. Being in another country—another continent? I didn't know how I'd survive it.

The girls were still celebrating, laughing and talking about all the places we'd visit, all the stages we'd perform on. Sakura pulled me into a hug, her excitement contagious. "Can you believe it, Eunchae? We're going on a world tour!"

I forced a smile, nodding along. "Yeah, it's amazing." My voice sounded hollow even to my own ears, but no one seemed to notice.

Yunjin threw her arm around me, her smile wide. "Aren't you excited? We're going to see so many places! Think of all the fans who'll finally get to see us live!"

I nodded again, this time a bit more convincingly. "Yeah, it's gonna be incredible." The words felt like lies, but I couldn't bring myself to rain on their parade. They were genuinely happy, and I didn't want to ruin that.