Christmas shopping

As the weeks flew by, the Christmas break was only one week away. Emily felt a blend of excitement and nerves as she prepared for the holiday. Today, she and Maya were headed to the shopping center for some last-minute Christmas shopping. Emily had to find presents for Jake and his family, and the thought made her heart race with anticipation.

Walking through the bustling shopping center, Maya chattered excitedly. "I can't believe Christmas is almost here! What do you have planned for Jake's family?"

Emily smiled, glancing at the festive decorations hanging from the ceiling. "I spoke to Jake's dad, and he helped me find a signed jersey from his favorite NFL player. It's already framed and ready to go. I think he'll love it."

"That's so thoughtful of you! What about the rest of them?" Maya asked, nudging her playfully.

"For Jake's niece, I want to get her a Rapunzel dress and doll since Tangled is her favorite movie. For his sister, I thought a Pandora bracelet would be nice; I can add charms that have meanings later. And for Jake's mom, I'm thinking a silver necklace. As for his dad, maybe a nice watch," Emily explained, feeling pleased with her choices.

"You've put so much thought into this! They're going to love you," Maya said, beaming at her friend. "Now, we just need to find the perfect gifts for your boyfriend, too."

Emily rolled her eyes playfully. "That's the easy part. He's always dropping hints about shoes he likes. Plus, he doesn't need much. I just want to make sure he knows how much he means to me."

The two girls made their way through the shopping center, their excitement infectious. Suddenly, Emily spotted a toy shop adorned with bright colors and glittering lights. "Ooh! I need to go in there," she exclaimed, pulling Maya along.

"What do you need from a toy shop?" Maya asked, laughing.

"I want to get Jake's niece a Rapunzel dress and doll. I just know she'll love it," Emily replied, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm.

They entered the shop, and Emily quickly found the dress and doll set. After making her purchase, she felt accomplished and couldn't wait to wrap the gift. They continued their shopping spree, heading towards a jewelry store where Emily picked out a delicate Pandora bracelet and a few charms for Jake's sister.

"I love this one," Maya said, pointing to a charm shaped like a tiny coffee cup. "You have to get that for her; it's perfect!"

"Definitely!" Emily agreed, smiling. "Now we just need to find something for Jake's mom and dad."

Once they had made their selections, the girls walked into a sneaker shop, where they found themselves searching for the perfect gift for Marcus.

"What do you think of these?" Maya asked, holding up a stylish pair of high-top sneakers.

"They're nice! But maybe something more classic?" Emily suggested, looking around at the options.

Maya laughed. "You're right. Marcus would definitely appreciate a pair that he can wear anywhere. Let's keep looking!"

After an hour of hunting for the perfect gifts, their shopping bags filled to the brim, the girls felt a wave of exhaustion wash over them. "I'm starving! We need to find some food," Maya declared.

They headed towards the food court, settling on burritos from a popular spot. As they sat down at a table, the tantalizing aromas wafted through the air, and both girls eagerly dug into their meals.

Just as Emily took a bite of her burrito, she spotted two familiar figures approaching. "Oh, look who it is!" she said, her mouth full.

Maya followed her gaze and grinned. "It's Jake and Marcus!"