Bad tension

Emily woke up early, the sunlight streaming through the window and casting a warm glow in the room. She noticed Jake still asleep, his breathing deep and steady. Wanting to give him a little more time, she quietly slipped out of bed and tiptoed towards the bathroom.

After a refreshing shower, she wrapped herself in a towel and stared at her reflection in the mirror, deciding what to wear. Feeling the autumn vibes around her, she chose a dark red short dress with long sleeves, paired with black booties. The color complemented her and added a touch of warmth against the cool morning air. Satisfied with her look, she took a moment to appreciate her transformation before stepping back into the hallway.

As she left the bathroom, she was suddenly pushed against the wall, her heart racing. It was Jake's older brother, Liam, looming over her with a predatory glint in his eyes. He trapped her with his body, a smirk spreading across his face as he caressed her cheek. "You know," he said softly, "I could make you feel better than Jake ever could."

Emily felt her stomach twist in fear. "What are you talking about? Let me go!" she pleaded, struggling to escape his grip.

He leaned in closer, trying to kiss her neck, and that's when panic set in. "Please, Liam! Stop!" Tears streamed down her face as she fought to break free.

Suddenly, before she knew what was happening, Liam was yanked away from her, and she found herself staring at an infuriated Jake. "Get away from her!" he shouted, his voice low and dangerous.

Emily gasped as she watched Jake punch Liam squarely in the jaw, sending him stumbling back. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Jake screamed, anger radiating off him like a storm.

From behind them, their mother stepped into the scene, her expression filled with concern. "Liam, you need to leave. Now," she commanded, her voice steady but laced with disappointment.

Emily's heart was racing, and she looked up at Jake, who was breathing heavily, his fists clenched. The hurt in her chest felt unbearable as she met his gaze. The look of concern in his eyes was unmistakable, and as he stepped closer, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"That's when Emily broke down completely, sobbing into Jake's shoulder. All the fear and confusion poured out, and she couldn't hold it in any longer. Jake held her tightly, whispering soothing words as he led her back to his room, away from the chaos.

"Shh, it's okay. I've got you," he murmured, brushing her hair back from her face. He sat on the edge of the bed, holding her close as she cried. "Do you want me to take you back to the dorm? We can leave right now."

Emily shook her head, still trembling. "I don't want to leave you... I just can't believe this happened," she managed between sobs.

Jake's mother entered the room, her expression softening as she took in the scene. "Can I have a minute alone with Emily?" she asked gently. After Jake glanced at Emily, seeking her permission, he reluctantly nodded and stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

"Emily," his mother began, her voice filled with sincerity, "I'm so sorry for what Liam did. He's always been jealous of Jake, but this behavior is unacceptable. I've asked him to leave."

Emily wiped her tears, feeling a mix of gratitude and sadness. "I didn't mean to cause trouble," she murmured, her voice shaky.

"You haven't caused any trouble," Jake's mother insisted, taking a step closer. "You're a lovely girl, and we want you here. Please stay and enjoy Thanksgiving with us. I promise you, Liam will not be back."

Emily looked up, meeting the woman's warm gaze, and felt a sense of comfort in her words. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. We'd love to have you," she replied, her eyes filled with kindness. "And I'll make sure you're well taken care of. No more worries, I promise."