Three Months Later

Language ahead. 

****

Three months had gone by. Mr. and Mrs. Smith was no more. However that didn't mean that Liv and Elliot didn't still meet and have sex. Every Friday they would meet at her apartment after work and have sex to relieve the tension of the work week. It was the best arrangement ever. If they were angry at each other during a case, it would get fucked out of them. For a couple days after the assignment ended, Elliot was wondering if he should even continue his marriage. While he did go back to Kathy, they weren't the same. 

He knew long ago that they just stayed together because Eli was conceived. He thought they still loved each other, but he was starting to realize each Friday that he was falling out of love with Kathy more and more. Did he feel like a jackass for cheating on Kathy? Yes. However, did he stop? No. He was totally in love with Liv and this arrangement worked for Liv too. She was scared to commit to Elliot because she was worried they'd end up loosing their friendship and partnership. 

On Monday, after two long days of not seeing Liv, Elliot walked into the squad room expecting to see Liv at her desk already. He was around an hour late because he and Kathy were fighting about him 'having a drink' with the squad every Friday. She wasn't at her desk though. He furrowed his brow as he put his jacket on the back of his chair. Cragen came out of his office just as Elliot pointed to Liv's desk. 

"She's home sick. You get over there to her and make sure she stays in bed. It sounded bad this morning on the phone. I'm a little worried about her this time," Cragen ordered. Elliot looked scared, but nodded seriously and grabbed his jacket and left for Liv's.

He first knocked on the door. When no one answered, he used his key that she gave him two months ago. She was on the couch, groaning with pain. "Liv?" He asked as he went to her. 

"I'm sick," she complained. 

He went to feel her head. Normal temp. "Don't have a fever. What's wrong?" He was in dad mode now, but he didn't care. She needed someone to take care of her. 

"Vomiting, heartburn, eating more, but vomiting it up right away. Then the last time I tried our Chinese place I threw up right after." She looked up at him and blew a kiss at him. He smiled back and leaned down to kiss her forehead. 

He knew those symptoms, but figured she wouldn't. "Liv," he started, sitting down by her. "When was your last period?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking. When she realized, she slapped her head. "No!"

Elliot nodded. "I'll go get a test," he said quickly. 

Thirty minutes later, he came back with a test. She went to take it and he sat on the couch. If she was pregnant, then that would mean it had to have been his. He wanted it to be his, her to be his. However, he needed to talk to Kathy. Another ten minutes later, Liv came out of the bathroom in tears. 

He knew she always wanted a baby and the adopting wasn't an option anymore since they told her she wasn't a good fit. He looked at her and didn't know what to expect. She could be crying from either news. Holding up the test, she said, "I'm pregnant."

Elliot quickly got up and went to her. He held her close to him while she cried happily. "I'm so happy for you, for us."

Sniffing, she nodded. "I've dreamed about this, having a baby." 

He kissed her sweetly. "I'm not going anywhere, I want you to know that now," he told her seriously. She nodded. "I'm going to talk to Kathy."

"About?"

He faltered. He didn't know exactly about what. He wanted to tell her that Liv was pregnant with his child, but that would be a douche move. "I--I'm not sure yet."

She chuckled. "Until you're sure, just keep this our secret," she sniffed again. 

~~~~~~

Days after the assignment had ended, Cragen brought them both in his office to scold them hard about having sex. Mostly for Elliot since he was married, but he boldly told the Captain that he didn't regret it. "I'm not sorry. I'd do it again," he'd said. While Casey didn't like the fact that Elliot and Liv compromised the case like that, she realized they got more than she ever thought from Zitnaker. Nikoli and Zitnaker had gone to jail for 25 to life each for child molestation and Cody went back to his parents, with therapy. 

~~~

Elliot went back to Cragen to tell him that Liv was fine, just a little under the weather. "She's going to the doctor tomorrow morning, so she'll be in late," Elliot said. 

She'd called the doctor to make an appointment right away. While he wanted to be there with her, he had to be here to maintain the illusion that she was just sick. They agreed to keep it from everyone until they knew more about the pregnancy. Part of him hoped that she got pregnant the last night as the Smith's. 

She said she'd text him when she knew something, so the next day when Elliot was at his desk, he kept on looking at his phone to the point where Fin and Munch looked concerned. He waved them off, saying that Kathy was a little under the weather. With Liv 'sick', it was a reasonable excuse to lie that he brought the sickness home to Kathy. 

I'm 13 weeks. Last time I had a period was the week before the undercover assignment so they think that week is when I got pregnant. 

Elliot was over the moon. The first time they had sex was when they created a beautiful baby. He couldn't wait to meet the baby in a few months. 

***

So I'm thinking of skipping around a few months here and there because I do have a plan. I think...