The Doctor

Liv got back with Cody an hour later, arms full of bags. He hoped that she realized that Cody would eventually go back to his real parents. However, Cody looked so happy with his choices it warmed Elliot's heart. "Hey, how's it going?" Elliot asked happily from the kitchen. He'd been cleaning the entire time since the phone call with Cragen had ended with one more warning to keep his hands to himself. 

Cody's smile faltered for a second upon seeing Elliot. He knew why he was here and it scared him. "We had fun at the clothing store, didn't we?" Liv said, setting the bags on the table. Liv looked at Cody with an expectant smile. She wanted him to warm up to Elliot like he warmed up to her. 

"We got cool truck and race car shirts. A dinosaur stuffed animal, and a cool train," he said, starting soft, but by the end of the sentence he seemed to be yelling. That was as much emotion Elliot had seen in the past 12 hours out of the boy. He was pleased that a day out with Liv had gotten him slightly more out of his shell. 

"That's so cool," Elliot exclaimed. "Hey, how about you go dig through those bags and find a shirt and pants that you'd want to wear out. We need to go to the doctor to have a normal check up for you before we attempt to sign you up for school next week." Elliot tilted his head, waiting for a response. 

Thinking for a moment, Cody shrugged and went to sit in a chair and start digging through the four bags. Liv walked over to where Elliot was standing by the island. "Why are we taking him to a doctor?" Liv asked quietly. She glanced over at Cody who was thinking very hard between a dinosaur shirt and a train shirt with matching train pants. A very hard decision. 

"Fin saw the video of last night," Elliot started. Liv's eyes widened and her hands flew to her mouth. "Cragen scolded me, then when Zitnaker called a little before Cragen, he said that he and Nikoli had 'had a turn' with Cody, so Cragen wants us to get him to the doctor for an exam."

Liv's hands were still covering her mouth, but her eyes were wide with fear, what little Elliot could see of her cheeks, were red. "Okay," she said simply, turning away from Elliot. 

He watched her go over to Cody and start talking to him, heaving a longing sigh that, thankfully, Liv didn't hear. He wanted to go over and tell her he wanted to continue things. He wanted to be with her. If he could, he'd go back and finish the entire sexual experience with her instead of just take care of her. He'd take his time and cherish each second with her. 

"Ready, Gerald?" 

He'd never get used to that. Nodding, he tossed the towel on the counter behind him and went to find his shoes. Liv and Cody were waiting by the door when he walked out of the room. The simple sight of a her holding hands with a little boy made his heart jump. The fact that they were pretending to be a couple just made it all ten times better as well. 

When they got to the hospital, they checked in quickly and waited for at least an hour, When they got back, Elliot asked to talk to the doctor after the nurse got Cody's vital signs. The balding doctor looked confused, but shrugged as he stepped out with Elliot. "So, this has got to stay as patient confidentiality."

The doctor nodded with a roll of his eyes. "Of course, unless it causes harm to others or the child."

"We are undercover, this is my bosses number. He wanted us to come here to get an exam for Cody. We're investigating pedophilia kidnapping ring. We need an exam to see if he's had any molestation and a DNA pulled for my boss to run against all exploited and missing children," Elliot said in a hurried whisper. The doctor's eyes remained calm, but Elliot could tell he was shocked. 

"Of course. No one will know," the doctor reassured him. 

"Willow, the doctor said he will need to examine him well. We might need to step out if Cody wants us too." Elliot looked at Cody sitting on the bed with his train pants and white dinosaur shirt. He couldn't chose so Liv suggested the pants and dino shirt. 

Liv looked at Cody. "Cody, you want us to stay?" Elliot wasn't sure what he wanted. After looking at Liv, then at Elliot, he shook his head. "Okay, we will be outside if you need us, okay?"

He nodded and the doctor dipped his head as he opened the curtain for Elliot and Liv to step out. Once the curtain was closed, Liv and Elliot walked a few feet and leaned against the wall. "What did you tell the doctor?" Liv asked. 

"What he needed to know. Gave him Cragen's phone number and told him what we need to know," Elliot shrugged. Liv started biting her nails and nodded. Elliot watched her focus on the floor and bite her nails, leaning against him. Finally, after the index finger was nearly nail-less, Elliot pulled her hand away from her mouth. "Save your fingers for dinner," he joked. 

Liv hit him gently and laughed. They waited for fifteen minutes then was let back into the room with Cody, who looked as though he'd been crying. The nurse that accompanied the doctor was comforting him a little, but as soon as he saw Liv, he held his arms out to her. She rushed over and held onto Cody tightly. The doctor looked from Elliot to Liv and Cody and jerked his head for Elliot to meet him in the hallway. 

"So, we're running some blood work, I've done the exam. He's got tearing and I thought I saw some residual seminal fluid, so I have that going for analysis. He ended up telling me after the exam that he was abused and that you 'bought' him to have sex with him as well, so I will call your boss immediately and tell him," the doctor listed, looking off his chart. 

Elliot nodded, trying to keep his composure. He knew that the boy was  abused, but hearing it from the doctor seemed more certain. He sighed. "Thank you, other than that is he healthy?" 

The doctor shrugged. "Yeah, I'm still waiting for the blood results, but yeah, just take him home and we will call you if anything comes up."

After thanking the doctor, Liv, Elliot, and Cody went out for ice cream before heading back home. Cody had stopped crying sometime when Elliot was talking to the doctor, but still sniffed around. "So, Cody, want to watch a movie?" Liv asked. 

He shook his head. "Can I go play with the toys in my room?" He asked. 

Smiling to him warmly, Liv nodded and he ran off to his room. Elliot and Liv watched him go before turning to the table where the clothes were still scattered from Cody's earlier search. "What did the doctor say?" Liv asked, going to fold some of the clothes and take tags off them. 

Elliot followed her lead and sighed. "We got an outcry statement to the doctor, visible tearing, possible leftover seminal fluid, He's doing blood work and going to call Cragen," Elliot listed. 

Liv gritted her teeth and shook out a shirt a little too hard, making Elliot jump a little. She didn't say anything as she stared at the table. Elliot knew that look. He had that look a lot. She was imagining Zitnaker and Nikoli being strangled.