🇩🇪x🇷🇺 Espresso Germany x Russia

Hello!
How are you lovely Internet strangers?

It may be pretty late already, for me at least, but it is still October 3rd.

So it is still German unity day, or day of German unity, what's it called in English?

"Tag der Deutschen Einheit" in German.

And because I am German I felt a chapter would be fitting and the prompt list was just nice for that...

You can see the prompt list and info to it in the chapter titled "Roses".

The writer who made the prompt list Emo_warrior365 has 3 done at the moment and they are amazing! So go check it out and be kind!
(I hope you like this one too!)

For the setting this was the closest thing I could find with my very limited patience, it doesn't fit with my description completely, but it's similar enough to give a vision I think?

I think that's all I have to say for now?
Probably gonna remember something else after this is published...

Anyway, have a great night/day and let me know if you have any questions or anything!

Words: 2409

Russia was sitting in a small cafe, nervous like he had never been before. He was waiting, waiting for Germany to show up so they could talk. He had been very reserved after the reunification and avoided Russia like the plague. Said Russian on the other hand had done everything to get to him without any success.

He and East had this thing... never an official relationship but definitely more than friends behind closed doors. Both of them were young and honestly pretty dumb at times, so there had been incidents when they'd gotten drunk out of their minds to forget their problems and then woken up in bed next to each other... more or less clothed and sore.

He didn't know much about what happened during the reunification, just that it seemed to be painful for both East and West. And then East was suddenly gone and West refused to talk to him.

He'd cried himself to sleep more nights than he would honestly like to admit during that time. But now he was willing to meet and have a conversation, so Russia was ecstatic about this chance. A chance to learn what happened and how they would move forward.

The café he'd picked was located in Eastern Berlin and used to be one of their favorite places to meet and eat. Soft tunes were playing to create a comfortable backdrop noise and served well to keep Russia at least somewhat grounded in reality.

West was still nowhere to be seen, but he still had about five minutes till it was their actual meeting time. Russia nervously fiddled with his sleeves, contemplating whether or not he should order something for the both of them already or if he'd be overstepping with that. The menu was right in front of him, even if he didn't need it to know the numbers and names of their favorites anymore he still took it into his hands and stared at the text. Reading through the lines and options without actually reading what was written down.