CHAPTER 1

The day was typical. Y/N sat at her usual spot in the university library, surrounded by textbooks and notes, her focus completely absorbed in the complexities of human anatomy. Becoming a medical student was no easy feat, but she thrived on the challenge. Every diagram, every case study, pushed her closer to her dream.

She adjusted her glasses and rubbed her eyes, her fingers tracing the edges of her book as she muttered to herself, "Alright, just three more chapters."

Suddenly, a shadow loomed over her, breaking her concentration. She looked up to see a tall man standing in front of her table. He had an odd aura about him, both intense and laid-back. His jet-black hair was tied up, and his sharp eyes studied her with curiosity.

"Hey," the man said, a faint grin on his lips. "Are you Y/N?"

Y/N blinked, narrowing her eyes. "Do I know you?"

"Nope," he replied casually, leaning against the table as if this was a normal interaction. "But I know you."

Her brow furrowed. "What does that mean?"

"I'm Soshiro Hoshina," he said, standing up straight. "You're that top student in the medical faculty, right? I've seen you around. You seem... interesting."

Y/N raised an eyebrow. Interesting? That was an odd way to describe someone buried in medical textbooks all day. "And? What do you want?"

"I wanna get to know you better."

Y/N closed her book with a firm thud and shot him a glance that screamed disinterest. "I'm busy."

"But you're always busy," Soshiro noted, unbothered by her cold demeanor. "Can't you take a break? I promise, I'm way more fun than whatever that book's teaching you."

"Doubtful." Y/N gathered her things, stuffing them into her bag without sparing him another glance. She had no time for distractions. Especially not one like him.

"Ah, c'mon!" Soshiro walked beside her, matching her pace as she tried to leave the library. "I'm not a bad guy. Just one coffee, and you can ask me anything you want in return. Fair trade?"

Y/N sighed, stopping in her tracks. "I don't drink coffee."

"Tea, then?"

"I don't drink tea either."

"Water?"

Y/N finally looked up at him, biting back a smile. "Are you always this persistent?"

Soshiro chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Only when I see someone worth getting to know."

Her heart did a strange little flip at his words, but she quickly brushed it aside. He was just being annoying—no other explanation.

"Fine," she huffed. "One drink. But after that, you're leaving me alone."

"Deal." His grin widened, eyes gleaming with triumph as he led her to the campus café.

As they sat across from each other, Y/N fidgeted, tapping her fingers against the table. Soshiro, on the other hand, looked completely at ease, leaning back in his chair and sipping his iced tea.

"So, you're a medical student," Soshiro began, eyes scanning her like she was another fascinating puzzle he wanted to solve. "Why'd you choose that?"

"Why are you interested in that?" Y/N shot back, defensive. She wasn't used to people prying into her personal choices.

Soshiro shrugged. "Curiosity, I guess. You're always so focused. I wanna know what drives you."

She hesitated, caught off guard by his sincerity. "I've always wanted to help people. It sounds cliché, but it's true."