CHAPTER 7

Soshiro Hoshina sat by Y/N's bedside, watching her sleep. The bruises and cuts on her face were fading, but the emotional wounds she carried were deeper. He had made sure she was getting the best treatment, staying by her side through every doctor's visit and ensuring she took her medication. Every time she tried to study, he firmly took away her books, insisting that her health came first.

"Come on, Y/N. No more studying for today," he said gently, plucking the textbook from her lap.

Y/N pouted slightly, guilt flashing in her eyes. "But I've missed so much already. I can't just sit here and—"

"You can and you will," Soshiro interrupted, his tone firm but kind. "Your recovery is the only thing that matters right now."

She sighed, her eyes flickering with guilt. "I feel so bad, Hoshina... after everything, after how I pushed you away..."

Soshiro's expression softened as he pulled up a chair next to her bed. "None of that matters now, Y/N. You don't need to feel guilty. I just want you safe. And I swear, your stepbrother... he's never getting near you again."

Her gaze met his, tears welling up as she saw the sincerity in his eyes. "He's really gone? You made sure...?"

Soshiro nodded, his voice steady. "He's been caught. He won't hurt you ever again. I'll make sure of it."

Just as Y/N was about to say something, the door to her hospital room swung open, and Aiko and Hana rushed in, their faces pale with concern. The moment they saw Y/N, their emotions spilled over, and they both began to cry.

"Y/N!" Aiko sobbed, rushing to her side and grabbing her hand. "We were so worried about you! When we heard what happened..."

"I'm sorry," Y/N whispered, tears slipping down her cheeks as well. "I'm so sorry..."

All three of them ended up in a tight embrace, crying together as the weight of everything finally hit them. Y/N's apology was met with sniffles and reassurances, and before long, all three girls had swollen eyes and red faces from crying so much.

Soshiro stood just outside the door, leaning against the wall with a soft smile on his face. He could hear their conversation, and despite the situation, a sense of warmth spread through his chest. It was good to see Y/N surrounded by her friends, people who cared about her deeply.

But as the conversation between the girls quieted down, the topic shifted unexpectedly.

"Aiko, did you see how Soshiro Hoshina's been taking care of her?" Hana asked, her voice teasing. "He's such a good guy. Y/N is so lucky."

Y/N's cheeks flushed pink at the mention of his name, and she quickly shook her head. "I don't know..."

"Oh, come on, Y/N!" Aiko chimed in, nudging her playfully. "He's been with you this whole time. You have to admit he's amazing."

Y/N bit her lip, looking down at her hands. "I mean... he is..."

Her friends exchanged glances, sensing there was more she wasn't saying.

"What is it, Y/N?" Hana pressed with a knowing grin. "Do you like him?"

Y/N, flustered, shook her head again. "No, it's not like that! I just..."

But before she could stop herself, the truth slipped out. "I just love it when he's taking care of me."

As soon as the words left her mouth, Y/N's eyes widened in horror. She quickly covered her mouth with both hands, her face turning a deep shade of red. "Oh no... I didn't mean... I mean..."

Aiko and Hana burst into laughter, leaning over to playfully tease her. "Oh, we knew it! You do like him!" Aiko teased, while Hana grinned from ear to ear.

Y/N buried her face in her hands, too embarrassed to respond.

Unbeknownst to them, Soshiro, still standing just outside the room, heard every word. The moment Y/N's confession slipped out, his heart nearly stopped. His face flushed with heat, and for a moment, he wasn't sure what to do. A slow smile spread across his face as he processed her words.

"She loves it when I take care of her..." he repeated to himself, feeling his heartbeat thundering in his chest. He stepped back from the door, not wanting to interrupt the moment, but his heart was full of excitement and affection. He left the room quietly, his mind racing with how he could tease her about it later.

The next day, Soshiro returned to the hospital with a spring in his step. He knocked on the door lightly before entering. Y/N was sitting up in bed, flipping through a magazine, while Aiko and Hana had already left. She looked up, her face softening when she saw him.

"Hey," she greeted quietly.

"Hey yourself," Soshiro replied, taking a seat beside her. He leaned back in the chair, crossing his arms with a teasing grin. "So... I heard something interesting yesterday."

Y/N blinked, her heart skipping a beat. "Oh? What... what did you hear?"

Soshiro leaned in a little closer, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "I heard that someone loves it when I take care of them."

Y/N's face immediately turned red, and she sputtered, "W-who told you that?!"

"I have my sources," Soshiro replied with a grin, clearly enjoying her flustered reaction. "But hey, it's fine. I'm just glad you're finally admitting it."

"I didn't admit anything!" Y/N protested, but the pink flush in her cheeks gave her away.

Soshiro chuckled, leaning back in his chair and stretching his arms behind his head. "No need to be shy, Y/N. You know I don't mind taking care of you."

His teasing tone made Y/N's heart flutter uncontrollably. She bit her lip, looking away in embarrassment. "I... I didn't mean to say that. It just slipped out."

"Too late now," Soshiro teased. "And honestly, I like it too. I like being the one you can rely on."

Y/N's heart did a little flip, and she glanced at him from the corner of her eye. "You do?"

"Of course," Soshiro said softly, his playful tone fading into something more serious. "I've always cared about you, Y/N. And I always will."

The sincerity in his voice made her breath catch in her throat. She met his gaze, and for a moment, everything else faded away. It was just the two of them, in that small hospital room, and the warmth between them was undeniable.

Soshiro reached out, gently taking her hand in his. "You don't have to push me away anymore. I'm here for you, no matter what."

Y/N's heart raced as she felt the warmth of his hand around hers. She gave him a small, shy smile, her voice barely a whisper. "Thank you, Soshiro... I don't deserve you."

He shook his head, squeezing her hand gently. "You deserve everything, Y/N."

They sat there in silence for a moment, the connection between them stronger than ever. Y/N's cheeks were still flushed, and her heart wouldn't stop fluttering, but she felt a deep sense of peace for the first time in what felt like forever.

Soshiro smiled softly, watching her with gentle eyes. "When you get out of here, I'll take you somewhere special. Somewhere you can relax, no pressure, no worries. Just us."

Y/N's heart skipped a beat at the thought. "That sounds... really nice."

He grinned, leaning in slightly, his voice dropping to a playful whisper. "And maybe, if you're feeling brave, you can tell me again how much you love me taking care of you."

Y/N's face turned bright red, and she swatted at him lightly. "Soshiro!"

He laughed, his heart soaring as he leaned back in his chair, a wide smile on his face. Teasing her was far too much fun, and he couldn't wait to see where this new chapter with Y/N would take them.