CHAPTER 30

It had been a year since their wedding, and Y/N couldn't have imagined her life turning out any better. Her career as a doctor had taken off, and she had recently been recognized as one of the best in her field. Every day, she found new joy in her work, helping people and making a difference in the world. And of course, she had Soshiro Hoshina by her side—her loving, devoted husband who had never once let her down.

Soshiro couldn't be prouder of her. He always boasted about her accomplishments to anyone who would listen. "That's my wife," he'd say with a wide smile, his chest puffing with pride. "She's the best doctor there is."

Y/N loved her life, but recently, she had been feeling strange. She was constantly tired, no matter how much sleep she got, and every morning, she'd wake up feeling nauseous. To top it off, her period was late, which only added to her suspicions. She had a gut feeling that something was up.

Could I be... pregnant? she wondered one morning, resting her hand on her stomach as she stared at herself in the bathroom mirror.

Not wanting to jump to conclusions, Y/N decided to get a checkup at the hospital she worked at. Before heading out, she mentioned her plans to her father-in-law, who had always doted on her ever since she married Soshiro.

"I'm going to the hospital for a checkup today," she said casually, hoping to keep things quiet for now.

Her father-in-law, however, wasn't one to keep secrets—especially not when it came to her health. His eyes widened with concern, and without missing a beat, he immediately called Soshiro.

Soshiro was in the middle of a meeting when his phone rang. Seeing his father's name, he excused himself and answered.

"Soshiro," his father's voice boomed over the line. "Y/N is going to the hospital for a checkup. She's not feeling well."

"What?!" Soshiro's heart dropped. "Is she okay? What happened?"

"I don't know, but she didn't look too good this morning. Go to her."

Soshiro didn't need to be told twice. He bolted out of the office, ignoring the confused looks from his colleagues as he made his way to the hospital.

Y/N sat nervously in the hospital room, waiting for her results. Her mind raced as she imagined all the possibilities. She was lost in thought when the door suddenly flew open, and a frantic Soshiro burst into the room.

"Y/N!" he called, his voice full of concern. "Are you okay? What's going on?"

Y/N jumped at the sudden intrusion and quickly stood up. "Soshiro! What are you doing here?"

"I heard you were sick!" he exclaimed, rushing to her side. "Are you okay? What happened? You didn't tell me anything!"

Y/N sighed, shaking her head with a soft smile. "I'm fine, Soshiro. Your father just misunderstood. I'm just here for a checkup."

Soshiro's eyes narrowed as he searched her face for any signs of distress. "Are you sure? You've been so tired lately, and you've been getting nauseous every morning."

Y/N couldn't help but laugh a little. "I know, and that's why I'm here. I think... I might be pregnant."

Soshiro blinked, his mouth opening and closing in shock. "Pregnant?" he repeated, as if he couldn't believe his ears.

Before Y/N could respond, the doctor entered the room, holding a clipboard. "Ah, Mrs. Hoshina, I have your results here."

Y/N and Soshiro both turned toward the doctor, their hearts pounding.

The doctor smiled warmly. "Congratulations. You're pregnant."

Soshiro's jaw dropped, and Y/N's eyes filled with tears of joy. "I'm... I'm really pregnant?" she whispered.

The doctor nodded, but then glanced back at the clipboard. "Actually, there's more. You're expecting triplets."

"Triplets?!" Y/N and Soshiro exclaimed in unison.

Soshiro staggered back, bracing himself against the wall as if the news had physically knocked him off balance. "We're having triplets?" he repeated, his voice a mix of shock and joy.

Y/N's hand flew to her mouth, tears spilling from her eyes. "Triplets," she whispered again, feeling overwhelmed but so incredibly happy.

Soshiro crossed the room in two quick strides, pulling her into his arms. "We're going to be parents," he whispered against her hair, his voice thick with emotion. "And we're having three babies."

Y/N laughed through her tears, burying her face in his chest. "I can't believe it," she murmured. "We're going to be a family."

Soshiro pulled back slightly, cupping her face in his hands. "I'm the happiest man in the world right now," he said softly, his eyes shining with love. "You've made all my dreams come true."

The months of Y/N's pregnancy flew by, though it was anything but easy. Carrying triplets came with its challenges, and Y/N found herself getting more tired and emotional as time went on. But Soshiro was always by her side, taking care of her every need. He pampered her, cooked for her, and even rubbed her feet when they were swollen. He never once complained, and every day he'd whisper sweet things to her belly, talking to the babies as if they could already hear him.

"You're going to be such good babies," he'd say, resting his hand on her growing belly. "And your mommy is the best in the world. You better be nice to her."

Y/N would laugh, though her emotions were more sensitive than ever. She'd cry over the smallest things, and Soshiro would wrap her in his arms, whispering soothing words until she felt better.

Even Soshiro's father got involved, constantly doting on Y/N and making sure she had everything she needed. He'd bring her snacks, blankets, and anything else he thought might make her comfortable.

"I feel like I'm competing for your attention," Soshiro would joke, throwing his father a playful glare. "Dad, back off. She's my wife, not yours."

His father would laugh, clapping him on the shoulder. "You're just jealous because she likes my cooking more than yours."

Soshiro groaned, and Y/N would chuckle at the banter between them. She loved the attention, though she'd never admit it out loud.

The day of delivery finally arrived, and Y/N was in more pain than she had ever imagined. Soshiro had arranged for her to stay at the best hospital, but even the luxury couldn't take away the intensity of labor.

Soshiro stayed by her side the entire time, holding her hand as she fought through the contractions. "You're doing amazing," he whispered, kissing her forehead as she winced in pain. "You're so strong."

Y/N groaned, squeezing his hand tightly. "I don't feel strong," she panted. "This hurts so much."

Soshiro's heart ached to see her in pain, but he never left her side, whispering encouragement and support every step of the way.

After what felt like an eternity, the cries of their babies filled the room.

"They're here," the doctor said with a smile, holding up the first baby. "All boys, and they're perfectly healthy."

Tears streamed down Y/N's face as she looked at her newborn sons. "I... I can't believe it," she sobbed, her chest tight with overwhelming emotion.

Soshiro, his own eyes wet with tears, kissed her gently on the forehead. "You did it," he whispered. "You're amazing."

Y/N cradled one of their sons in her arms, her heart swelling with love as she gazed down at him. "They're perfect," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "But I'm going to remind them every day that I suffered for this," she added, a teasing smile on her lips.

Soshiro chuckled, wiping away his tears. "You're never going to let them forget it, are you?"

"Nope," Y/N replied with a playful grin. "They'll know their mama worked hard to bring them into this world."

Soshiro laughed, pulling her and their babies close. "I love you," he whispered, his heart full. "And I fall in love with you more every single day."

Y/N smiled through her tears, her heart so full it felt like it might burst. "I love you too," she whispered back, knowing that this was just the beginning of their beautiful family.