CHAPTER 18

The morning sun poured through the windows, casting a warm glow across the room as Y/N sat on the edge of the bed, watching Soshiro Hoshina button up his uniform. She always thought he looked so handsome in it—his tall, composed figure making him seem even more commanding than usual. His hair was neatly combed back, and the polished gleam of his uniform made him look every bit the hero she admired.

"You look really good in your uniform," Y/N said softly, smiling at him. She rested her chin in her hands, her eyes following his every move.

Soshiro caught her gaze in the mirror, his lips curling into a teasing grin. "Oh? You like what you see?"

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully but couldn't deny the flutter in her stomach. "Don't get too cocky," she replied, though the blush creeping up her cheeks betrayed her.

He turned to face her, crossing his arms with that familiar mischievous gleam in his eyes. "Too late. With you looking at me like that, how could I not?"

Y/N let out a small laugh, shaking her head as he walked over to her. She could feel the heat rise in her face again as he leaned down, bringing his face inches from hers.

"Should I wear this every day then?" he teased, his voice low and playful.

Y/N pushed him gently, but her smile only widened. "No way! You'd be way too distracting."

Soshiro chuckled, straightening up and adjusting his collar. "I'll take that as a compliment." He turned back to the mirror to make sure everything was in place, but his focus never wavered from Y/N. "If you need anything while I'm gone," he began, his voice a bit more serious now, "just let me know, okay? If you want to go somewhere, need anything at all—don't hesitate to call me."

Y/N nodded, still smiling, though there was a soft pang in her heart. She knew he had to leave for work, but the thought of him out there in danger always made her feel uneasy. "I'll be fine," she said quietly, her hands resting on her lap.

Soshiro turned around and flicked her forehead gently. "Focus," he said, his tone teasing but filled with affection.

"Ow!" Y/N exclaimed, rubbing her forehead with a pout. "What was that for?"

"For getting lost in your thoughts again," Soshiro teased, crouching down in front of her so they were eye level. He reached out to tuck a stray strand of her hair behind her ear, his fingers lingering against her cheek. "You worry too much."

"I can't help it," Y/N murmured, her pout turning into a soft smile as she felt the warmth of his touch. "It's hard not to when you're going out there fighting Kaijuu."

Soshiro's eyes softened at her words, his hand moving to cup her cheek fully. "I promise I'll come back. I always do, don't I?"

Y/N nodded, leaning into his touch. "Yeah... but still."

Before she could finish, Soshiro pulled her closer, his forehead resting against hers. "I don't want you to worry. I want you to be happy."

Y/N's heart raced in her chest as their closeness intensified. She could feel his breath on her skin, the warmth radiating from his body. He wasn't the most outwardly affectionate person, but when he was with her, it was different. He wasn't afraid to show how much he cared.

"I'm always happy when I'm with you," Y/N whispered, her voice barely audible.

Soshiro smiled, closing his eyes for a moment as if savoring the moment. "Good," he murmured, pulling back slightly to meet her gaze. "Because you're all I think about."

Y/N blinked, her cheeks flushing a deep red. She could barely form a response before Soshiro leaned in again, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. He lingered there for a moment, his lips warm against her skin, and Y/N felt her heart flutter wildly in her chest.