CHAPTER 2

Y/N stared at the lab's clock, trying to focus on her current task. The lab was eerily quiet, filled only with the soft hum of machines and the occasional clicking of a keyboard. She had always found this place calming—a sanctuary where she could lose herself in her studies.

Suddenly, a deafening explosion shattered the tranquility.

The walls shook, knocking over beakers and books, sending glass crashing to the floor. Y/N froze for a split second, her heart racing in her chest. Her eyes widened as panic swept through the room. Screams echoed from the hallway, growing louder with each passing moment.

"What's happening?" one of the lab assistants cried out, rushing toward the door.

Y/N's mind raced as she dashed to the window. Her stomach dropped when she saw the reason for the chaos—a massive Kaiju stomping through the university grounds. The creature was terrifyingly close, and with each step, it reduced buildings to rubble.

Her hands trembled, and instinct kicked in. "Everyone! Move away from the windows! We need to take cover!" Y/N shouted, trying to keep her voice steady, though fear gripped her.

The team scattered, but in their rush to evacuate, one of the assistants tripped, her leg pinned under fallen equipment. Y/N didn't think twice. She rushed over, pulling at the debris, her fingers shaking. The Kaiju's roars outside grew louder, and the building shook again, causing part of the ceiling to cave in.

Y/N gritted her teeth, finally freeing her colleague. "Go! Go now!" she urged.

But as she pushed the assistant towards the exit, a beam fell from above, hitting her side with a force that knocked the breath out of her. Pain shot through her body, and she collapsed to her knees, gasping for air. Her hand instinctively pressed against the wound, feeling the warm, sticky blood beginning to seep through her shirt.

She struggled to her feet, trying to follow the others to safety, but the pain was too much. Her vision blurred as the sound of the Kaiju's monstrous footsteps filled her ears, each one seeming closer than the last.

The room trembled again. She heard the glass shatter, and for a brief moment, time slowed. Y/N turned just in time to see the Kaiju's gigantic, clawed hand reaching into the lab, demolishing everything in its path.

Fear gripped her heart like a vice. I'm going to die.

She pressed herself against the wall, her body trembling. She wanted to scream, to cry, but her throat was dry with terror. Her chest heaved as she took shallow breaths, desperately trying to calm herself, but it was no use.

Just as the Kaiju's claws scraped toward her, there was a blur of motion—a figure slicing through the air. Y/N blinked, barely comprehending what was happening. The Kaiju let out a pained roar, and the figure stood between her and the creature, sword in hand.

"Soshiro...?" she whispered, her voice trembling.

"Stay down," Soshiro Hoshina's calm yet firm voice rang out, his back to her, sword raised as he faced the Kaiju. His presence, usually so easy-going and relaxed, was now razor-sharp, like the blade he wielded. He moved with precision, striking the Kaiju down with a series of swift, deadly slashes. The beast reeled back, roaring in agony as it collapsed to the ground outside the building.

Soshiro turned, his intense gaze softening when he saw her crumpled against the wall, clutching her side.

"Y/N..." His voice dropped, laced with concern as he rushed to her side, kneeling down beside her. "You're hurt."

Y/N's facade of strength finally shattered. Her breath hitched, and before she could stop herself, tears spilled down her cheeks. "I-I'm scared, Soshiro," she sobbed, her voice shaking uncontrollably. "It... It almost killed me. I thought I was going to die. And I'm bleeding, and it hurts, and I—"