CHAPTER 17

The family gathering had gone better than Y/N could have ever imagined. As they said their goodbyes, Soshiro Hoshina's father hugged her warmly, his eyes twinkling with fondness.

"You remind me so much of my late wife," he said softly, patting her shoulder. "So kind and full of grace. I hope you'll be a part of our family soon."

Y/N blushed, feeling touched by his words. She bowed slightly, her hands fidgeting nervously. "Thank you, sir. It was an honor to meet you."

"Take care of my son," Soshiro's father added with a chuckle, giving her a knowing look.

Y/N laughed softly, though she couldn't help but give Soshiro a side-eye as she muttered under her breath, "Someone needs to take care of me after today."

Soshiro grinned, pretending not to hear, but a guilty glimmer flickered in his eyes. "Shall we?" he asked, opening the car door for her.

As they drove away from the mansion, the night air was calm, with only the soft hum of the car engine breaking the silence. Y/N crossed her arms, still feeling a little peeved about the surprise family introduction. She stared out of the window, watching the scenery blur by, not saying a word.

Soshiro glanced at her out of the corner of his eye, sensing her frustration. He finally broke the silence with a gentle, "Still mad at me, huh?"

Y/N didn't turn her head but replied, "You think?"

He winced playfully. "I said I'm sorry. I really thought you'd enjoy the surprise..."

"Surprises are fine," Y/N muttered, still not looking at him. "But that? You could've at least given me a warning. I looked like a mess."

Soshiro laughed softly, shaking his head. "You? A mess? That's impossible. You were stunning, as always."

She shot him a quick glare, though there was a hint of a smile on her lips. "You're just saying that because you don't want me to stay mad."

"Maybe," he admitted with a grin, keeping his eyes on the road. "But it's also true. You were amazing today. My dad practically fell in love with you."

Y/N sighed, softening a bit. "He was really sweet..."

Soshiro nodded. "He adores you. They all do. Honestly, they're already talking about wedding bells."

That made her blush furiously. "Wedding bells?!" She turned to him, her face incredulous. 

Soshiro shrugged, a playful smirk on his face. "What can I say? My family works fast."

She gave him a light punch on the arm. "You're impossible."

He laughed, rubbing the spot where she hit him, though it didn't hurt. "I know, I know. But seriously, I'm sorry for springing that on you. Let me make it up to you."

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "Oh? How are you planning to do that?"

Soshiro shot her a sideways glance, his smile softening. "How about we stop for some dessert before heading home? My treat, of course. You deserve a little pampering after today."

She bit her lip, trying not to let her excitement show, but the idea of dessert was too tempting. "Fine," she said, pretending to be reluctant. "But only because you owe me."

Soshiro chuckled, already steering the car toward their favorite dessert spot. "You're too good to me."

"Don't forget it," Y/N teased, finally allowing herself to smile.

A few minutes later, they pulled up to a cozy little café that was known for its sweets. The lights were soft and warm, and the air smelled like fresh pastries and chocolate. Soshiro opened the door for her, as always, and they headed inside.