CHAPTER 24

Y/N stood in front of the mirror, nervously fidgeting with her graduation gown. The day she had been working towards for years had finally arrived, and her heart was pounding in her chest. She had dreamed of this moment for so long, but now that it was here, the weight of it all felt overwhelming.

Soshiro Hoshina stood behind her, watching as she adjusted her gown for the third time in ten minutes. He couldn't help but smile at her nervousness, finding it endearing. "You look perfect, Y/N," he said, stepping closer and placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "You have nothing to worry about."

Y/N turned to him, her eyes wide with anxiety. "I feel like I'm going to mess something up," she admitted, her voice trembling slightly. "What if I trip on stage? Or forget what I'm supposed to do?"

Soshiro chuckled softly, shaking his head. "You're not going to trip. And even if you do, I'll be there to catch you."

She gave him a half-smile, grateful for his calming presence. "I don't know what I'd do without you," she murmured, leaning into his touch.

"Luckily, you'll never have to find out," Soshiro replied, kissing the top of her head. "Now come on, let's go before you start worrying about something else."

They left for the university together, and as soon as they arrived, the buzz of the graduation crowd surrounded them. People were milling about, taking photos, and greeting each other excitedly. Y/N could feel eyes on her and Soshiro as they walked, whispers floating through the air.

"Isn't that Y/N? She's graduating today, right?"

"Wow, she's with Soshiro Hoshina? He's been by her side for everything."

"They look so cute together!"

Y/N was too nervous to really pay attention to the chatter around her, but she noticed the looks. She bit her lip, feeling a wave of nerves flood over her again.

Soshiro noticed her tense up and gave a soft laugh. "You're doing it again," he teased, nudging her gently. "Relax, Y/N. You're about to have the best day of your life."

She looked up at him, her anxious expression softening at his words. "You're right," she admitted with a shaky smile. "I just... I want everything to go well."

"It will," Soshiro said confidently. "And I'll be right here the whole time."

Y/N took a deep breath, letting his words soothe her nerves. With Soshiro by her side, she felt like she could face anything. She gave him a grateful smile before they made their way to the ceremony area.

The graduation went smoothly, despite Y/N's initial fears. As she walked across the stage to receive her diploma, the pride and excitement of the moment washed over her, and the nerves disappeared. She had done it. She had worked so hard, overcome so much, and now, she was finally a graduate.

When the dean called her name for the "Best Student Award," Y/N's heart soared. She hadn't expected the recognition, and as she accepted the award, a wave of emotion hit her. She glanced out into the crowd, her eyes locking with Soshiro's. He was watching her with such pride and love that it nearly brought tears to her eyes.

After the ceremony, Y/N found herself surrounded by friends and fellow graduates. Aiko and Hana, her two closest friends from university, rushed over to her, hugging her tightly.

"Y/N, you did it!" Aiko squealed, her face full of excitement.

"You were amazing out there!" Hana added, grinning widely. "Best student? That's huge!"

Y/N laughed, feeling lighter than she had in days. "I can't believe it," she admitted, still riding the high of the moment. "It feels like a dream."

Aiko handed her a large bouquet of flowers, and Hana did the same, both girls showering her with gifts and congratulations. "These are for you, genius," Aiko said, winking. "You've earned them."

Y/N accepted the flowers with a wide smile, her heart feeling full. She was so grateful for their support and friendship.

"I'm so happy," Y/N said, her voice full of emotion. "Today has been perfect."

Aiko and Hana exchanged glances, grinning mischievously. "Oh, it's about to get even better," Aiko said, nudging Y/N.

Before Y/N could ask what they meant, she spotted Soshiro standing a few feet away, watching her with a soft smile on his face. Her heart fluttered as she saw him, and without thinking, she started running toward him, her arms full of flowers and her graduation gown flowing behind her.

Soshiro chuckled as he watched her approach, her excitement bubbling over. He could hear Aiko and Hana laughing as they followed her, but his attention was solely on Y/N.

When she reached him, she was breathless, her cheeks flushed from the run. "Soshiro!" she called, a huge smile lighting up her face.

"You look like you're carrying a whole garden," he teased, laughing as he gestured to the flowers in her arms.

Y/N giggled, playfully sticking out her tongue. "It's not my fault everyone wants to give me flowers!"

"Well, you deserve them," Soshiro said, his voice softening as he gazed at her. "You were incredible today."

Y/N felt her heart swell at his words, her butterflies returning in full force. She opened her mouth to thank him, but before she could say anything, she noticed a glint of something in Soshiro's hand.

"Soshiro, what's that?" she asked, eyeing the small box he was holding.

Soshiro's smile widened, and without another word, he slowly knelt down in front of her, holding the box out in front of him. The crowd around them seemed to fade as Y/N's breath caught in her throat, her eyes widening in shock.

Aiko and Hana squealed in excitement behind her, their hands covering their mouths as they realized what was happening.

"Y/N," Soshiro began, his voice steady but filled with emotion. "I've watched you achieve so much, overcome every obstacle, and become the incredible person you are today. I've been lucky enough to be by your side through it all, and I can't imagine my life without you. So... will you marry me?"

The world seemed to stop for Y/N as she stared at him, her hand flying to her mouth in disbelief. "Soshiro... are you serious?" she whispered, her voice shaking with emotion.

"Of course I'm serious," Soshiro said with a teasing grin. "Now hurry up and say yes before I start getting nervous."

Y/N could feel the tears welling up in her eyes, and she laughed through her shock. "Soshiro, you can't just propose in front of everyone! My makeup will get ruined if I cry!" she scolded playfully, trying to hold back the tears.

Soshiro let out a laugh, standing up and stepping closer to her. "You look perfect, Y/N. Even with tears."

He leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips, and the butterflies in her stomach went wild. When he pulled away, his smile softened as he held out the ring again. "So... what's your answer?"

Y/N wiped at her eyes, her heart bursting with love for the man in front of her. "Yes, Soshiro," she whispered, her voice full of emotion. "Of course I'll marry you."

The crowd around them erupted into cheers, and Aiko and Hana practically jumped up and down with excitement. Y/N's hands shook as Soshiro slid the ring onto her finger, and she could barely contain her joy as he pulled her into another kiss.

When they finally pulled away, Y/N glanced down at the ring, her heart swelling with happiness. "I can't believe this is real," she whispered, looking up at Soshiro with wide, teary eyes.

"It's real," he promised, his hand cupping her cheek as he gazed at her lovingly. "And I'm never letting you go."

Y/N smiled through her tears, feeling like the luckiest person in the world. Today had been perfect—more perfect than she could have ever imagined. And now, as she looked into the eyes of the man she loved, she knew that her future would be even brighter.

With Soshiro by her side, there was nothing she couldn't face.

And she couldn't wait to start this new chapter of her life with him.