CHAPTER 12

The first week of semester break had been nothing short of heavenly for Y/N. After two months of non-stop studying, she finally had the chance to catch up on all the sleep she had missed. It felt like she hadn't slept in years. Most days, she'd lie in bed, drifting between naps, letting her body recover from the exhaustion of exams.

Soshiro Hoshina, however, had been busier than ever. The increase in Kaijuu activity meant that he barely had any time off. He would leave for work early in the morning, often before Y/N even woke up, and when he returned home late at night, she was still fast asleep.

After a few days of this routine, Soshiro began to worry. He understood that Y/N was tired, but she needed to eat and take care of herself too. One evening, as he came home and saw her still sleeping, he gently knelt beside her, watching her peaceful face. For a moment, he felt a warmth spread through his chest. She looked so serene, curled up under the blankets, but he couldn't let her sleep through dinner again.

"Y/N," he murmured softly, brushing a few strands of hair away from her face. "Wake up."

Y/N stirred, her brows furrowing as she slowly blinked her eyes open. She groaned softly and stretched, her arms reaching above her head. "Soshiro...?" she mumbled, her voice thick with sleep.

He smiled, his hand gently resting on her shoulder. "You've been sleeping a lot lately. It's time for dinner."

Y/N yawned, rubbing her eyes. "Oh... sorry, I didn't mean to sleep so long," she said sheepishly, sitting up and wrapping her arms around his waist in a lazy hug. She pressed her face into his chest, still not fully awake. "I didn't even hear you come home."

Soshiro chuckled, wrapping his arms around her in return, enjoying the warmth of her embrace. "You've been working hard. It's okay to rest, but I'm starting to worry you're going to sleep through the whole break."

Y/N pulled back slightly, looking up at him with a small, sleepy smile. "I'll be fine. Just catching up on all the hours I missed."

He gently cupped her face, his thumb brushing against her cheek. "How about we go out for dinner tonight? You need some fresh air."

She nodded, still a bit groggy but agreeing. "Dinner sounds nice."

A little while later, they found themselves at a cozy restaurant in town, sharing a quiet meal together. The evening was calm, and Y/N felt refreshed from her long rest. Soshiro watched her carefully as she ate, relieved to see her appetite returning.

"So," he began, cutting into his steak, "what do you plan to do for the rest of your semester break? Aside from sleeping, of course."

Y/N chuckled, sipping her drink before answering. "I'm thinking about finding a part-time job. Just something to keep me busy and maybe earn a little extra money."

Soshiro paused, his expression instantly turning serious. "A part-time job? With all the Kaijuu attacks lately?"

Y/N sighed, already sensing his worry. "I'll be careful, Soshiro. I won't put myself in danger."

He frowned, his eyes narrowing slightly. "I don't like the idea of you being out there when the situation is this unpredictable."

Y/N leaned back in her chair, playing with her fork. "I know you're worried, but I don't want to spend the entire break doing nothing. I'll think it over more carefully, I promise."

Soshiro wasn't entirely convinced, but he didn't want to push her. He knew how independent Y/N was, and he respected her decisions. "Alright," he finally said, his voice softening. "Just promise me you'll be careful."

She nodded, giving him a reassuring smile. "I promise."

They finished their meal in comfortable silence, the soft hum of the restaurant creating a peaceful atmosphere. When they were done, they decided to take a leisurely walk home, the evening air cool and crisp around them.