Cannibal

Each table in the Divination classroom held a white misty crystal ball. I took my seat at a small table with Draco and Theo as Trelawney began the class.

Thud.

I looked up to see Granger storming out, a sour expression on her face, the crystal ball trailing behind her. She shouted back at Trelawney, declaring that she wouldn't be returning to the lesson again.

"What's got into her?" I wondered aloud.

"Trelawney called her mundane, so she walked out," Draco informed me, chuckling. "At last, she's gone."

"You've been staring at that ball for the last 45 minutes. See anything interesting?" Theo asked.

"No, not at all," I replied softly.

"Oh, Professor Trelawney, I've just remembered that you predicted her leaving your class. You said it ages ago!" Lavender catches the attention of the class.

Trelawney softly whispered, "Yes, the threads of fate are always shifting. I foresaw her lack of inner eye."

"Well, she certainly has a lack of something," Draco muttered under his breath.

.    . .    .

"What in Merlin's name happened to your nose?" Jacaerys inquired, approaching the Slytherin table and noticing Draco pressing a handkerchief to his face.

"He got punched by Granger a couple hours ago, and the bleeding hasn't really stopped yet. It comes and goes," Theo explained, barely able to contain his amusement.

Rhaenyra let out a soft chuckle.

"It's literally broken, Draco. You should go to the infirmary," Blaise suggested.

Theo laughed, "He's too embarrassed to go because Granger punched him."

With a wave of her hand, Rhaenyra muttered, "Episkey."

"Thanks," Draco muttered under his breath.

Draco glanced at Rhaenyra, a sly grin spreading across his face. "You know, Rhaenyra, I saw you looking at Cedric ...do you find Diggory attractive?"

Rhaenyra's eyes widened, her cheeks flushing. "What? No, of course not!"

Draco chuckled. "Oh, come on. You can't resist a pretty face."

Pansy leaned over the table. "That boy is proper fit."

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes, laughing. "Shut up, he's alright."

Draco shrugged. "Sure, Rhaenyra."

Draco glanced over the two boys in front of him, they looked furious. Theo's hands clenched into fists, and Jacaerys's eyes narrowed into slits. Draco just smirked.

Rhaenyra glared at him. "You're one to talk, Mr. 'I have a secret stash of Potter's hair'." The table erupted into laughter.

Draco was grinning. "Low blow, Rhaenyra. I'll give you that."

Theo and Jacaerys looked like they wanted to murder someone, and Draco felt like yule came early. As dinner ended, Draco stood. "Well, I'm off. Try not to miss me too much," he sauntered away.

Rhaenyra watched him go, shaking her head. "That boy has issues."

.    . .    .