Chapter 23

Disclaimer: Mo Dao Zu Shi and The Untamed do not belong to me. The settings, characters, and plot belong, respectively, to Mo Xiang Tong Xiu and the screenwriters of The Untamed. Here, only the plot of this fanfiction and my four OCs, Huang Minghui / Lan Minghui, Lan Biyun, Li Xingsi / Wei Xingsi, and Bai Yilian / Nie Yilian, are my creations. And an important reminder that this ISN'T REAL; please value your lives and do not try to get hit by a car to get this sort of adventure.

Jiang Cheng couldn't contain himself anymore at the sight of Wei Wuxian. He immediately jumped down from the room, Zidian unravelling from his finger and wrapping itself tightly against Wen Zhuliu's neck. Caught off-guard by the sudden attack, Wen Zhuliu was hung to the ceiling with Zidian.

Wen Chao was downright panicking, seeing that his only protector was pulled away. Lan Biyun drew out a fire talisman, activating it and setting fire to Wen Zhuliu. The dancing golden flames were reflected in her grey-blue eyes, glinting with a sort of dark satisfaction.

"Scared, Wen Chao?" Lan Minghui sneered, her fingers tightening around Huari.

He cowered in front of her, trembling on bone-barren knees and fingerless hands, too terrified to speak audible words.

Wei Wuxian was immediately smothered by Jiang Cheng and Wei Xingsi's hugs.

"You idiot! Do you know how fucking worried I was?!" Jiang Cheng cried, shaking Wei Wuxian's shoulders.

Wei Xingsi was hugging her brother so tightly that he looked like he was going to suffocate. "A-Ying... please don't do anything like that ever again... You scared Jiejie half to death..."

Finally... You're back...

"Welcome back, Wuxian," Lan Minghui smiled slightly, wording her thoughts out loud. "Biyun, Wangji, and I all missed you."

Lan Wangji stepped forwards, facing Wei Wuxian. "Wei Ying, you..."

"I, what?" Wei Wuxian asked proudly.

"Your cultivation..."

Jiang Cheng noticed this change, too.

"Wei Wuxian, what exactly were you up to these few months?!" he demanded, eyeing Wei Wuxian's unfamiliar appearance and Chenqing, who was yet to be named so. "You disappear for three months when we agreed to meet in that village by the foot of the mountain, and return like this!"

"Well, let's say I met a mysterious master who taught me these tricks," Wei Wuxian chuckled.

However, the playful glint that Lan Minghui had been so used to seeing seemed to have gone out.

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji said suddenly. "Return to Gusu with me."

The rather stiff smile that had been on Wei Wuxian's face minutes ago disappeared, his voice threateningly soft.

"Return to Gusu with you? How righteous of you, Hanguang-jun, bringing me back to your sect, who most detests the unorthodox, heretical path," Wei Wuxian sneered. "Do you take me for a dumbass?! Of course I fucking won't!"

"Wei Wuxian!"

"Lan Wangji!" Wei Wuxian shouted back, resentful energy pouring off of his dizi. "I know what you want to do!"

Lan Biyun spoke up in defense of her brother, "Wuxian, my brother has no ill intentions in mind. Wangji is correct that this form of cultivation will corrupt and damage your health and temperament--"

Despite her attempts at reasoning, Wei Wuxian glared at her. "I don't need your biased judgement. Of course you'd side with your sect and your brother!"

His gaze suddenly shifting sharply to Lan Minghui, he snapped, "Lan Minghui, don't you even open your mouth. I know the bullshit you're going to spout about this being harmful to my health, so no need to voice it aloud."

Exchanging silent glances with Wei Xingsi and Lan Biyun, Lan Minghui swallowed her words and turned away.

(A/N): Hi, I'm back! I think that starting from now on, my chapters (which I previously made myself write a minimum of 1K words) will get shorter because they're easier and quicker to write. When I finish writing this, I will edit the chapters, lengthening them and making fewer parts. Hope you all have a good day/night! Thank you for reading.