twenty ~ mistake

"Gally, I swear you called me unstable but you should listen to yourself you sound crazy!" I yelled.
The 'go time' signal was me coughing, so I coughed and everyone did their parts perfectly, Newt cut the rope that had my hands tied up, Minho did the same to Teresa, Fry helped Thomas who elbowed the two people that were holding him back. Chuck came running with our bags, Newt passed me my bow and arrows, everyone now has their weapons.

"You're just full of surprises" Gally said,
"You don't have to come with us but we are leaving, anyone else who wants to come can"
"Don't listen to him he's just trying to scare you"
"No Gally I don't have to scare them, their already scared, I'm scared" Thomas ened the conversation.
Loads of people joined us saying 'sorry' to Gally. A handful of people stayed then I said to Gally,
"Gally please come with us, you're like a brother to me, just like, Minho, Thomas, Fry, Zart, Winston, and Jeff please Gally please"
"Goodluck against the Grievers" I signed and started walking into the maze until Gally ran to me hugging me saying
"Your like my little sister Y/N I love you, don't die" I pulled away nodding with tears in my eyes.

We ran the maze with me at the front until I stopped and looked around the corner,
"Are there Grievers?"
"Yes Chuck, so here's what's gonna happen, Teresa go with Chuck to the door and Chuck use the key I gave you the door should open, Teresa don't let Chuck out of your sight, the rest of us fight the Grievers." I suggested.

"Anyone want to give a pep talk?" Thomas asked,
"Be careful, don't die" Minho said
"Great pep talk Min Min" I said sarcastically,
"Yeah we're all bloody inspired" Newt added.

"Right okay lets go!". We call ran to the Grievers and Chuck and Teresa ran for the door but Chuck dropped the key.
"CHUCK!" he got the key but he's hanging off the edge.
"PULL ME UP!" he yelled, I did and he said thanks then kept running with me protecting him.
"MINHO THROW ME A KNIFE" I yelled
"NO YOU'LL LOSE A FINGER"
"I'L CATCH IT JUST THROW ME THE GOD DAMN KNIFE"
"FINE" Minho threw me the knofe and I saw a Griever on Newt.
"NEWT!" I ran at the Griever sliding underneath it cutting its stomach open making it fall off the edge.
"Thanks love"
"I'm just glad you're safe now go!". He listened and ran to Teresa and Chuck.
"THERES A CODE, EIGHT NUMBERS!" Teresa yelled.
"The sequence." I whispereded
"MINHO WHATS THE SEQUENCE!" I screamed,
"WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT!"
"THE MAZE WHATS THE SEQUENCE!"
"SEVEN, FOUR, TWO, FIVE, THREE-" he was cut off by a Griever jumping on him.
I loaded my arrow and shot at the Grievers stomach so it fell to the ground.
"ONE, SIX, EIGHT" he finished.
"ITS OPEN RUN!" Chuck yelled.
I saw Jeff ans Zart get picked up and thrown at the wall.
"JEFF! ZART!" I yelled. Another bestfriend gone. I felt Minho grab me and pull me to the open door.

I was pulled into darkness. "HAS ANYONE BLOODY SEEN Y/N?!" I knew it was Newt by his accent.
"SHES WITH ME NEWT I'LL EXPLAIN IN A BIT BUT SHES NOT GOOD!" Minho yelled back.
"I just watched them die, I can't do this Min Min"
"Yes you can N/N, you're strong and you protected them as much as you could!"
"But it wasn't enough". Before Minho could speak the lights turned on .
As soon as I saw Newt I ran up to him hugging him as tightly as possible not wanting to let go.

"Are you okay love?" I shook me head and he just held me.
We started walking and saw a sign that was lighting up green saying 'EXIT'.
"Seriously?" Fry said.
We walked into the room and saw bodies everywhere, I covered Chucks eyes and started walking to one of the screens.
"They were watching us the whole bloody time" Newt commented.
Thomas clicked a button and a familiar woman popped up, her hair was in a perfect neat bun and she was wearing all white. Her names Ava Paige. She was talking about some virus, and that the sun scorched the world, and our generation has the cure in their blood. At the end she said something strangely familiar "Remember W.C.K.D is good" then she shot herself. Her body was laying lifelessly on the floor.

"We have to go, I have a bad feeling!" I yelled
"Y/N?"
"Gally, you came"
"Love hes been stung".
Gally loaded a gun and aimed it to Thomas, I loaded my bow as quickly as possible and aimed for Gally.
"Please Gally don't, I can't kill you, I've lost to much already, just put the gun down, we can leave. we're safe"
"No, you think we're safe out there, you heard her, the deadly virus all of it, I belong to the maze so do you" Gally pulled the trigger and I released my arrow.
"NO GALLY!, WHAT DID I DO?" I was sobbing then I looked at Thomas who was holding Chuck in his arms.
"No this can't be happening, Chuck. Stay with us okay?, we'll get you help"
"Y/N did I make you proud?" He stuttered out,
"Of course you did Chuck?"
"Did I make you proud Tommy?"
"Yes Chuck"
"Now go make me proud, take care of them, they deserve a good life"
"Chuck don't leave please Chuck!" I yelled
"Y/N protect them, Tommy they'll follow you anywhere so go lead them to happiness"
"Chuck please stay" Thomas begged
"I can't, Y/N give this to Tommy when he's ready" the boy passed me a wood carving of himself. I nodded and said.
"I love you chuck"
"I love you all so much, now make me proud".
We nodded and just sat there with him.

Suddenly men with guns came bursting into the room pulling us away from Chucks lifeless body.
They put us in a helicopter, and asked "are you kids alright? you're safe now". Something was telling me we weren't.