Her agony III

Irene regained her consciousness. Her whole body felt weak. Libby who was there rushed towards her.
"Milady!" Libby felt relieved to see her awake.
Irene who saw her, recalled what happened before. She tries to moves her hand to touch her neck. Irene felt the bandage on it. Libby carefully look at her action. Worrying that she might do something to hurt herself. Irene who finally had the sense of reality, broke into tears.
Irene sob as she cover her eyes as she cries. Libby who see her young lady crying, couldn't help but shed tears too. Her cries is too devastating too hear.

An hours later, Libby bring her porridge to eat. She tries to feed her, but Irene wouldn't open her mouth.
"Milady, please...you have to eat."
But no matter how many time she plead, Irene wouldn't respond to her. She seems to be lost in thought as she stare towards an empty space. Couldn't do anything nor forcing her to eat, Libby could only give up.
"Young lady, I have to go out and do another chores. I will put the porridge here. Please eat it later. I'll be right back." Libby put the porridge on the table beside the bed. She then left the room after making sure the room has no item that will be used by the young lady to harm herself.

When Libby came back in after finishes her chores, she notice that the porridge remains untouched. The warm porridge had already turn cold.
She sighed.
Libby then approached her young lady.
"Milady...." She called.
Irene still didn't give her any response. She just lies down motionlessly in the bed.
"Milady, I still have the clothes and veil you had wear when you were brought home. It was covered with a lot of blood. The young lord told me to throw it away when I done cleaning you. But I didn't dare to. So I wash it cleaned for you." She told her. But Irene still didn't give any reply.
"I will go bring you another warm porridge." Libby could only put aside the clothes as she went out with the cold porridge.
When she left, Irene finally turn to look at the clothes beside her.
She reaches for the clothes despite her weak strength and trembling hand.
Looking at the clothes and veil in her hand. This is the only thing that was given to her by Arlo.
She recalled back their moment together.
His warm embrace. His tender touch. His smile. His laugh. And his promise.
Even till the end he protected her. He had saved her many times. But she couldn't even saved him.
'Irene...there's something I want to say...to you....'
Tears escaped from her eyes as she remembers his last word to her. She regrets it. She should have listened to what he want to say. She had been too arrogant to hope or more like lying to herself. That he could survive.
Vulnerable, pale and helpless.
That was her last memory of him. She had left him there alone.
Hadn't she go back inside, none of that would have happened. Now, he's gone. And all of that is her fault.
Her heart hurt and she feels so suffocated. The guilt, regret and the pain that she felt, it is excruciating. She hold the clothes in her arm as she cried.

Since that day, Irene just lies down on her bed. Didn't eat or drink. Even when the old physician came to give her the medicine. She wouldn't take it. Her condition are getting much worse.
"Milady, please eat....even just a little." Libby plead. She tries to feed her. But Irene in a weak state, couldn't open her eyes nor her mouth.
"What should I do, it's been two days. She won't eat or drink anything." Libby become worried and anxious.
The old physician sighed deeply.
"Just tell me what should I do? Anything at all! There must be something we can do!" Libby become desperate. She willing to do anything to help improve her young lady health.
The old physician just shake his head.
"There's nothing we could do. Anything we do, would be useless. If one doesn't have the wills to live." He said.
Libby was shocked to hear such revelation. Both of them turn to look at Irene, feeling worried and anxious.