A challenge issued

As they walked through the castle gardens, Kaidën discussed the upcoming tournament.

"The finest knights will compete," he said, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "I'll demonstrate my prowess. No one can match my skill."

Calantha's eyes narrowed, her pace slowing. "You're quite confident, aren't you?"

Kaidën chuckled. "Merely stating facts, wife."

Calantha's smile turned cold. "I think you're arrogant."

Kaidën's grin returned. "Perhaps. But I've earned the right."

They approached the training grounds, where knights honed their skills.

Calantha stopped, her gaze locked on Kaidën's. "I challenge you."

Kaidën raised an eyebrow. "Princesses don't fight, Calantha."

Calantha's voice dripped venom. "Don't underestimate me, Kaidën. I won't be belittled."

Kaidën's grin twisted. "Very well, wife. Let's see what you're made of."

They faced off, swords clashing.

Calantha's skills impressed Kaidën, but he refused to yield.

With a swift move, he pinned Calantha against the wall, sword pressed to hers.

"I don't let girls win," he whispered, his breath cold against her ear.

Calantha's eyes blazed with defiance. "You cheated."

Kaidën's smile twisted. "You're strong, but I'll break you. You'll submit to me."

Calantha's face set in determination. "Never."

Kaidën's eyes flashed with excitement. "We'll see about that."

As Kaidën pinned Calantha against the wall, Lady Marcella watched from the shadows, her eyes burning with jealousy.

She had longed for Kaidën's attention, but he seemed captivated by his new wife.

Calantha's determination and skill had impressed Kaidën, and Marcella seethed with resentment.

"Why must he desire her?" Marcella whispered to herself.

Kaidën's whisper sent a pang through Marcella's heart: "You're strong, but I'll break you."

Marcella's gaze narrowed; Calantha's defiance only seemed to fuel Kaidën's interest.

As Lord Thomas intervened, Marcella slipped away, unseen.

In her chambers, Marcella's frustration boiled over.

"Why does he want that insolent child?" she spat at her reflection.

A plan began to form in her mind.

She will make sure she separates her from him.

Kaidën released Calantha from the wall, his eyes still burning with intensity.

"Enough for today," he said, sheathing his sword.

Calantha's chest heaved, her face flushed.

Without a word, she turned and walked away.

Kaidën watched her go, a mix of frustration and admiration swirling within.

The rest of the day passed in tense silence.

Calantha attended to her duties, avoiding Kaidën.

Kaidën, meanwhile, met with his advisors, discussing kingdom affairs.

At dinner, the atmosphere remained strained.

Calantha sat beside Kaidën, their conversation stilted.

Lady Marcella, seated across from them, smiled sweetly.

"Tell me, Calantha, how do you find married life?" Marcella asked, her tone dripping with malice.

Calantha's eyes locked onto Marcella's. "It has its... challenges."

Kaidën's gaze snapped to Calantha, his expression warning.

Calantha's eyes locked onto Marcella's, her expression serene.

"It's... nice," she said, her voice sugary sweet. "Quiet. A bit hard to adjust, but I'll manage."

Her smile faltered for an instant, before she recovered.

Kaidën's gaze narrowed, sensing the tension.

Marcella's eyes sparkled with malice. "I'm sure it's... challenging to adapt to your new role."

Calantha's smile never wavered. "Not at all, Lady Marcella. I'm thrilled to support my lord husband."

The table fell silent, the air thick with unspoken tension.

Kaidën's eyes lingered on Calantha, searching for cracks in her facade.

Marcella's lips curled into a sly smile, satisfied with the subtle jab.

The dinner continued, a battle of wits and false pleasantries.

As the evening drew to a close, Calantha's mask began to slip.

Her smile faltered, revealing a glimpse of frustration.

Kaidën's eyes snapped to hers, his expression unreadable.

Calantha excused herself from the dinner p, seeking solitude in the night air.

As she strolled through the castle gardens, the stars above twinkled like diamonds.

Suddenly, a figure emerged from the shadows.

Lord Arin Valtor, the prince's best friend and advisor, bowed slightly.

"Calantha," he said, his voice smooth. "You shine brighter than the stars tonight."

Calantha's guard remained up, her expression polite. "Lord Valtor."

Arin's eyes crinkled at the corners. "I came to discuss matters with your husband."

Calantha's gaze narrowed. "I'm sure he'll receive you shortly."

Arin stepped closer, his voice taking on a conspiratorial tone. "You're as lovely as you are intelligent."

Calantha's smile remained courteous, but her mind raced.

What did Arin truly want?

She wouldn't let her guard down around him.

"I appreciate your kindness, Lord Valtor," she said, her tone measured.

Kaidën emerged from the darkness, his eyes narrowing as he took in the scene.

Calantha stood beside Arin, their faces bathed in moonlight.

"Ah, Kaidën," Arin said, his smile smooth. "I was just admiring your wife's beauty."

Kaidën's gaze lingered on Calantha before shifting to Arin.

"What brings you here, Arin?" he asked, his tone neutral.

Arin bowed slightly. "Matters of state, My Lord. I sought your counsel."

Calantha sensed tension in Kaidën's stance.

"I'll join you shortly," Kaidën said, his eyes never leaving Arin's face.

Arin nodded and departed, leaving Kaidën and Calantha alone.

The silence between them grew thick.

Kaidën's eyes locked onto Calantha's. "What did Arin want?"

Calantha's expression remained guarded. "He claimed to need your counsel."

Kaidën's gaze lingered, searching.

For what, Calantha couldn't quite tell.