Jealousy

The next morning, Calantha entered the grand hall, where Arin awaited with a handsome young lord.

"Calantha, I'd like you to meet Lord Elian," Arin said, his eyes sparkling. "My cousin, and a skilled diplomat."

Lord Elian's emerald green eyes locked onto Calantha's, his smile captivating. "Lady Calantha, your leadership is renowned. Your strategic mind and compassion inspire our people."

Calantha's cheeks flushed at the genuine praise.

Kaidën, standing beside her, tensed subtly.

"Lord Elian's visit is a surprise," Kaidën said, his tone neutral.

Arin chuckled. "Elian's diplomatic expertise will benefit our kingdom. I thought it wise for him to meet our trusted advisors."

As they conversed, Lord Elian's attention remained on Calantha, his interest evident.

Kaidën's gaze drifted between Calantha and Lord Elian, his expression unreadable.

Lord Elian's gaze swept across the grand hall. "What a beautiful castle you have, Kaidën. Rich in history, I presume?"

Kaidën nodded, his expression polite. "Yes, it's been in our family for generations."

Calantha smiled warmly. "Would you like a tour, Lord Elian? I'd be happy to show you around."

Lord Elian's emerald eyes sparkled. "I'd be delighted, Lady Calantha. Your insight would make the history come alive."

Kaidën's jaw clenched subtly, his eyes flicking between Calantha and Lord Elian.

Arin intervened, oblivious to the tension. "Excellent idea! I'll join you. We can discuss trade agreements later, Kaidën."

As Calantha and Lord Elian strolled out, Kaidën watched, his unease growing.

As they strolled through the castle's corridors, Calantha walked beside Lord Elian, engaging in lively conversation.

Kaidën, walking on her other side, subtly placed his hand on her waist, a possessive gesture.

Calantha's thoughts fluttered. It was a familiar, comforting touch.

Lord Elian's gaze flicked to Kaidën's hand, his expression neutral.

Arin continued discussing trade agreements, oblivious to the subtle tension.

As they turned a corner, a breathtaking courtyard unfolded before them. Sunlight danced across the intricately tiled fountain, surrounded by vibrant flowers.

Calantha's eyes sparkled. "This is my favorite spot."

Lord Elian smiled. "I see why. Serenity amidst grandeur."

Kaidën's hand remained on Calantha's waist, his touch warm.

As they sat beside the fountain, Lord Elian's gaze turned to Calantha. "Tell me, Princess, what do you enjoy outside of governance?"

Calantha smiled, pleased by his interest. "I love reading, especially ancient histories. And walking in the gardens."

Kaidën's hand subtly tightened on her waist.

Lord Elian leaned forward, intrigued. "What draws you to history?"

Calantha's eyes sparkled. "Understanding our past shapes our future. I find inspiration in the courage and wisdom of our ancestors."

Lord Elian nodded thoughtfully. "Your passion is admirable, Princess."

Kaidën's expression remained neutral, but his eyes narrowed slightly.