War

Morning sunlight streamed through the windows as Arin arrived at Kaidën's chambers.

"Your Majesty," Arin said, his expression serious. "Port Victoria's envoy has arrived, bearing an ultimatum."

Kaidën's eyes narrowed.

"Let's hear it."

Together, they walked to Kaidën's office, the tension palpable.

Once inside, Arin spread out the documents on the desk.

"Port Victoria claims our border has encroached on their territory," Arin explained. "They demand we retreat or face war."

Kaidën's jaw clenched.

"We won't back down without a fight."

Arin nodded.

"I agree, but we should consider our options carefully."

As they pored over the documents, a knock at the door interrupted their discussion.

"Enter," Kaidën called out.

The door creaked open, and Calantha stood in the doorway.

"I thought you were alone," she said, hesitating.

Kaidën smiled.

"It's fine, come in."

Calantha's gaze flicked between Kaidën and Arin, sensing something amiss.

"What's wrong?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

Kaidën leaned back in his chair.

"Port Victoria threatens war over border disputes."

Calantha's eyes widened.

"What are our options?"

Arin summarized the situation, and Calantha listened intently.

After a moment, she spoke.

"Have we considered meeting with Port Victoria's representatives? Perhaps we can find a peaceful resolution."

Kaidën and Arin exchanged a glance.

"It's worth a try," Arin said.

Kaidën nodded.

"Arrange a meeting. Let's see if we can avoid war."

🍃🌿

The day of the meeting arrived, and tensions ran high. Kaidën, Arin, and Calantha represented their kingdom, facing Port Victoria's stern delegation, led by King Charles.

The conference room echoed with raised voices, each side presenting their claims.

"We won't back down!" King Charles bellowed.

"We won't be bullied!" Kaidën retorted.

Calantha's calm demeanor stood out amidst the chaos.

Suddenly, she stood up, her voice piercing the cacophony.

"Enough!"

The room fell silent.

"We're not here to declare war," Calantha continued. "We're here to find a solution. I propose a joint commission to survey the border and determine the rightful owner."

King Charles sneered.

"And who are you to propose solutions, Lady Calantha? You should be breeding, not meddling in men's affairs."

Calantha's eyes flashed.

"I'll have you know, King Charles, my 'breeding' has nothing to do with my intellect or diplomatic skills. Your sexism won't intimidate me."