The Royal groom

Everett helped Kaidën with his tie, his expression serious but his eyes twinkling.

"There, Your Highness. You look perfect."

Kaidën smiled, relaxing in Everett's presence. "Thank you, Everett. You've been with me since I was a boy."

Everett's face softened. "Proud to serve you, Prince Kaidën."

As Kaidën headed downstairs, Everett called out, "Good luck, sir. May today bring you joy."

Kaidën's heart swelled with gratitude. Everett was more than a valet; he was a trusted friend.

Calantha stood at the window, her gaze lost in the gardens below. Her mother, Queen Lirien, fussed with the final touches of her wedding gown.

"Calantha, darling, you look stunning," Queen Lirien said, her voice tight with emotion.

Calantha's thoughts were elsewhere. She envisioned a life beyond this castle, beyond this arranged marriage. A life where she chose her own path.

"Mother, must I do this?" Calantha asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Queen Lirien's expression turned stern. "You must, Calantha. Your duty is to our kingdom. This union will secure our future."

Calantha's rebellion simmered, but she knew better than to argue. Her mother's resolve was unshakeable.

As she finished dressing, Calantha's mind raced with possibilities. Could she escape? Could she refuse?

But the weight of her duty crushed her defiance. She would don the mask of obedience, for now.

Meanwhile, in Kaidën's chambers...

Kaidën paced, his thoughts on the woman he was about to marry. He had seen Calantha's portrait, but he wondered about her true nature.

Everett, his valet, entered with a gentle knock.

"Your Highness, it's time."

Kaidën took a deep breath, steeling himself for the commitment ahead.