CHAPTER 21

WARNING! SLIGHTLY MATURE SCENES! R18+

The air between us feels heavy  and I can barely contain the rush of heat surging through me. My breath comes in shaky, shallow as I lean back in, unable to resist to kiss Lan again. I brush my lips against his again, softly at first, but this time, I let myself go deeper.

I gently tug at his lower lip, savoring the way it feels between my teeth and I hear his softest growl and heavy breath from Lan. That sound alone makes my heart pound even harder. I pull back just enough to let my tongue slip out, tracing the edge of his lips, teasing him before sliding into his mouth.

The second my tongue touches his, the tension in my body snaps. I swirl it gently against his, coaxing him into the kiss, wanting him to feel the intensity that's been building inside me. His lips part slightly. allowing me in and I don't hold back. My tongue plays with his, moving slowly, deeply, tasting him.

It's a slow, sensual dance, and with every second. I can feel the heat rising between us. Lan stays still at first, letting me take the lead, but then I feel him respond. His tongue meets mine, moving in sync, and the kiss becomes something more- something that's no longer just mine, but ours.

I tilt my head, pulling him closer with one hand resting at the back of his neck, feeling his warmth seep into me. The kiss deepens, more urgent, more intense, and I let out a quiet moan against his lips, unable to hold back how good this feels. I tug at his lower lip again, this time harder, and I feel him press against me just a little more, his breath growing heavier.

It's intoxicating the feel of him, the taste of him. My tongue swirls against his again, teasing and playing, and the way he's responding only fuels the fire inside me. His tongue moves in perfect rhythm with mine, and each stroke, each touch, sends sparks down my spine.

I can't get enough. I want more.

The intensity between us is all-consuming. I want more-more of Lan, more of this feeling, more of everything. My heart is pounding, and I'm completely lost in the kiss, the way his lips and tongue move with mine, the way his warmth presses against me. His arm circling in my waist. It's like nothing else exists, just the two of us in this moment.

But then, I hear it a faint sound a footsteps. Someone's walking towards our room.

My instincts kick in. pulling me out of the haze of desire. Even though my body is screaming for more, I know we can't get caught like this. I break the kiss, breathing hard as I pull away. My hand slips from the back of his neck, and I take a step back, my mind racing.

Lan looks at me, lips is red and moist from our kissing I guess mine mirrored his. He is still composed but I can see the subtle flicker of something in his eyes- something that mirrors the heat between us. For a second. I don't move. I don't want to move but the footsteps get closer, and I know we have to stop.

I let out a shaky breath, forcing myself to pull back completely, even though every part of me wants to dive back in. " Someone's coming" I whisper, my voice low and breathless.

Lan just nods, his face as unreadable as ever, though there's a tension in the way he's standing now, like he's holding something back too. He steps away, just as the door swings open.

I turn toward the doorway, quickly trying to compose myself and see one of the crew members standing there. looking completely unaware of what they almost walked in on.

"Hey, guys! tawag na kayo for the last shoot. Is everything okay?" the crew said casually, glancing between the two of us

I force a smile, my heart still racing from the kiss that was cut too short. "Yeah, we are good. Just taking a quick break."

We walk back to the shoot, side by side, trying to act like nothing happened. Like we weren't just tangled in each other, devouring each other's mouths moments ago. My heart is still pounding, my lips tingling from the heat of our kiss, but I force myself to act normal.

Lan, as always is composed. His face is calm, his stride steady, as if nothing has changed. But I know better. I can still feel the weight of his lips on mine, the taste of him lingering in my mouth. It takes everything in me to not glance at him, to not let the memory of what just happened drive me crazy all over again.

The crew is busy setting up for the next shot, completely unaware of the tension buzzing between us. I take a deep breath, trying to shake off the haze that's still clouding my mind.

As we get into position. I glance at Lan again, catching a brief flicker in his eyes before he turns his attention to the camera.

The photographer calls for us to stand closer, and my body goes rigid for a moment as Lan steps toward me. his presence overwhelming. His arm brushes against mine, casual, innocent, but I can feel the electricity crackling between us again. My pulse quickens, and I try to push down the urge to relive what happened in the room.

We're back to being professionals, back to the roles we play for the camera.

I try to shake off the tension. reminding myself that we are working, but it's no use. Every time Lan gets close, every time his arm brushes against mine or his eyes meet mine for a second too long, the memory of our kiss comes rushing back. My heart races, my body betraying me, making it impossible to focus.

The photographer calls for more poses. directing us to lean in closer to make it look natural. We shift positions, and suddenly, Lan arm is around my shoulder again. just like before. His skin is warm, and the feel of him so close makes it impossible to ignore the fire still smoldering inside me. I grit my teeth, trying to stay professional, but I can't help it-my mind drifts back to the room.

"Xian, relax a little more," the photographer says, pulling me out of my thoughts. I force a smile, doing my best to act like everything's fine. even though my heart's pounding in my chest. Lan doesn't say a word just continue to hold me, his expression as calm and collected as ever.

"Perfect! That's a wrap for this setup." the photographer calls out signaling that we are done.

As soon as we are done. I step away, needing some space to breathe. I can feel the heat creeping up my neck again, and I don't trust myself to be too close to Lan right now. Not when all I can think about is how badly I want to kiss him again.