CHAPTER 28

The next day, everything felt different in the best way. We lived in our condo, and I was being extra clingy, enjoying every second of being close to Lan. He didn’t mind at all. If anything, he seemed to indulge me, running his fingers gently through my hair, or rubbing slow circles on my back. Sometimes, he would gaze at me, his eyes soft, his expression unreadable but comforting.

I was lying across his lap, my face resting near his lower abdomen, and my fingers had found their way to his lower abdomen, tracing small circles over them. His skin was warm under my touch, and I could hear his quiet breaths, so steady and calming. Every now and then, he would let out a soft chuckle at my playful touch, and I could feel his body relax further into the couch.

Just as I was about to tease him again, the doorbell rang, breaking the peaceful moment.

I groaned in protest, sitting up. “Who could that be?”

Before I stood up, I I leaned forward and stole a quick kiss from Lan, grinning when I saw his surprise. He raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything, just smirked as I got off the couch to check the door.

I opened the door, and there stood Tita Vien, looking sharp as always, her eyes quickly scanning the room behind me before they landed on me.

“Xian, hello!” she greeted, stepping inside before I could even fully process her arrival. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

I blinked, surprised to see her, and glanced back at Lan, who had already stood up from the couch. “Tita Vien,” I said, offering a small, awkward smile. “No, not at all. Please, come in.”

Lan approached us, his expression composed but slightly curious. " bat ka napapunta dito Tita?" I ask

She smiled, a knowing glint in her eyes as she looked between us. “Oh, I was just in the area and thought I’d check in on you both.” Her gaze lingered on me for a moment, and I suddenly felt self-conscious about how casual everything had been before she showed up.

“I can’t stay long,” she continued, her voice pleasant but firm. “I just wanted to see how things were going since the shoot. You know, I make sure everything is on track. I’ve heard some good things about the buzz it’s creating.”

Lan nodded, ever the professional, even in these personal moments. “Everything’s going well. No issues.”

“Good, good,” she said, though her eyes scanning both of us, and I wondered if she noticed about us. Not that we were hiding it, but still—this was new for both of us, Lan and I also agreed that it's better if only us knew our status, maybe someday if everything feels right we can tell Tita Vien and anyone what are we. Lan deserves to be introduce as my lover, my partner baka ako pa nga ang ma bash kasi pinatulan ako ng isang Lan Miguel dahil nga sa past issues ko dati pero past is past, the important is I'm behave and loyal man now.

“Have you had dinner?” Lan asked

Tita Vien waved her hand dismissively. “No worries, Lan. I just came to check in. But since I’m here, how about we catch up a bit before I head out?” She glanced at me with a small smile, her eyes twinkling. “I’d love to hear more about how you’re finding things, Xian.”

I nodded, trying to steady myself. “Of course, Tita. We’ve been good. The shoot went smoothly, and everything’s been pretty relaxed since then.”

Lan, always attentive, gestured for us to sit in the living room. I followed Tita Vien to the couch, and Lan sat beside me, his hand casually resting on the back of the couch behind my shoulders, a small but significant gesture that made me feel grounded.

Tita subtly glance the hand of Xian pero hindi nya naman pinuna. Tita Vien started to talk about the brand’s future projects and what was in store for us, I felt Lan’s presence beside me, steady and comforting. Despite the unexpected visit, I couldn’t help but feel a sense of calm.

As Tita Vien bid her goodbye she slightly tap my shoulder as if she want to convey a message and I hug her to bid goodbye. Walang inamin, pero wala din namang sinabi.

Naglakad ako pabalik sa sofa kung nasaan si Lan and I immediately laying in his lap again while Shinzui is in her mini bed I guess nagpapaubaya na ang pusa sa supposedly area nya for me, because I am now more clingy than her.

I just lay there while my arms are encircling on Lan habang sya ay hinahayaan lang ako habang gumagamit sya ng phone nya at ka text ang pinsan nyang si Theo na pinagseselosan ko dati! yes dati! That annoying prick!

being like this with him—me, lying in his lap while he gently hugs me. The warmth of his arms around me makes everything feel right, like we perfectly belong here in this quiet, intimate space within the four walls of our condo.

Be with him feels even more lovely. Lan is the only man who can make me feel this way—so safe, so wanted. If it’s not Lan Miguel, then it’s no one.
Parang kailan lang, I checked myself—straight as a damn ruler, no doubts. Yet, here I am, a ruler but the bendable one, only for one man, and that man named Lan Miguel. If I’m gonna bend for anyone, it is him, and only him.