Chapter Twenty-Six: How to Impress Your Chef with Canned Goods

I grab my bra from the ground and slip it back on, feeling a little shy under Ace's gaze. I pull on my panties and then slide into a pair of leggings from my bag, paired with an athletic tank top that hugs my curves just right. When I turn to Ace, he's already half-dressed, his sweatpants hanging low on his hips, and the sight of him makes me want to grin.

"Seriously?" he says, raising an eyebrow. "Why the hell did you have to wear that?"

I chuckle, my heart racing. "What are you talking about?"

He smirks, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "That outfit makes me want to fuck you again."

I can't help but laugh, a warm blush creeping up my cheeks as I walk over to him, pressing a quick kiss to his lips. "Well, you're just going to have to wait, mister," I tease, playfully nudging him as I head to the kitchen.

Once there, I open the cabinets and my excitement deflates a bit when I see the contents: a stash of canned goods.

"Cranberry jelly, baked beans, pumpkin puree, and mashed potatoes?" I murmur, running my hands through my hair. I'm a decent cook, but I have no idea what to make with this motley assortment. "What am I supposed to do with this?"

Ace strolls in behind me, eyeing the cans with a look of disbelief. "Canned food? You've got to be kidding me."

"Hey, don't underestimate the power of a good can of beans," I shoot back, laughing. "I could whip up something gourmet if I wanted to."

"Gourmet?" He chuckles, crossing his arms. "I'd love to see that. But just so you know, if you can turn those beans into something edible, I'm seriously impressed."

I stick my tongue out at him, feeling a playful challenge ignite between us. "Alright, Mr. Chef, how about you help me?"

He raises an eyebrow, clearly intrigued. "Oh really? You think I can cook?"

"Why not? You've got some skills in other areas." I wink, and his cheeks flush slightly, but he doesn't back down.

"Fine, let's see what we can make with this stuff."

I rummage through the drawers, finding a can opener and some pots. "Okay, how about we start with the baked beans? They're a classic."

Ace rolls up his sleeves, stepping closer. "Baked beans it is. But I'm warning you now, if it turns out awful, I'm blaming you."

I laugh, giving him a playful shove as I open the can. The smell wafts up, and I crinkle my nose a little. "Well, it's not gourmet, but it's a start."

As we cook, the atmosphere in the kitchen shifts. I focus on the beans, stirring them in a pot while Ace handles the pumpkin puree, figuring we can whip up a quick side dish.

"What are we even making?" I ask, peering over at him as he pours the pumpkin into a bowl.

"Pumpkin mash?" he suggests with a grin. "Because who wouldn't want to eat pumpkin in a safe house?"

I shake my head, suppressing a laugh. "Okay, now that's just wrong. But hey, at least we're using our culinary creativity."

"Exactly! This is a real five-star experience," he says with mock seriousness, and I can't help but chuckle.

Once we've got everything on the stove, the aroma fills the small kitchen, and I feel a sense of accomplishment. "See? Who knew we could actually cook something together?"

"Yeah, we're like a dynamic duo," he replies, leaning against the counter. "Or maybe just a disaster waiting to happen."

"Definitely a disaster," I agree, nudging him playfully. "But it's our disaster."