Trying to heal (chapter6)

Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it destroys us, when we try to imprison it it enslaves us when we try to understand it leaves us feeling lost and confused. 

-Paul Coelho

Aanisha's pov :

After fajr prayer, i lay on my bed for a while. I need some time, some time to think about all through this. Let my exam get over then I will deal wih this. I decide, then that today under all circumstances I am going to avoid seeing him, if i see him my blood will boil. And I dont want that to happen. I'll deal with this after exams. So I decide that today I will take as much time to leave college. Huma might ask questions but I am sure she'll understand. I just have to tell some lie. I sigh and then get ready for college. The ride is as normal as everyday.
Now, I m in my classroom, I'm more than nervous as ever. Firstly, next month is my marriage, then my fiancé has a girlfriend, and to top it all is the fact that right now, my mind is not working at all looking at this question paper. I take 15 minutes to calm myself down, then I start with the paper, as always the answers are almost half an half. I just finish with my paper till I know I might pass. Then the bell rings, i prepare myself to make it as late as possible. I chit chat with people, I dont talk to also. Its 2.30 now, usually me and huma are there by 2.15. So I tell her some excuse about the van being always late, and that its so hot. She buys that for now.
As we leave and its 2.35 I take a deep sigh when I find no one near the gate. I didnt want to witness another show by that guy. Ok i know "the guy" sounds rude, but I'm in no position of calling him Ammar or anything. I know for a fact that he must have come today, because I saw that girl at college today, before entering the class. That was the sight I had to see.
Now, we get in our van, And i think just two more exams, only two more days of avoiding this situation. So after my exams are over I'll deal with him personally. I can't tell my parents, I dont know how to tell them. I dont know how their reaction might be. And I want to first talk to Ammar before doing anything. After exam darling, let me see how you run away. I can sleep and avoid the situation for now. I go home, after praying I go to sleep. Its an easy exam tomorrow, so why bother stressing.

Ammar's pov:
(sunday)
Today I realise that my marriage is confirmed with Aanisha, when mom comes and gives me a bite of the sweet. After all the problems, ok not problems her wanting to complete studies and all that, its settled now finally. And We are gonna get married in a month's time. I dont know how she might react to that. I hope she's happy.
I relax myself, I'm not scared or nervous. Infact I'm excited and kind of happy. Could you blame me. Aanisha is beautiful. How did i see? I actually saw the photo in Ayni,my sister's phone. She was gorgeous. I actually sneaked into her room and accessed her phone. And can you believe it I had already seen her, yes my god.
That day when I had gone to pick up Niha, she was there. I remember seeing her. Wow, what an awesome oppurtunity I mentally do a win situation dance.
I text Niha, and tell her that I will pick her up for the rest of the classes. Niha is actually my cousin sister, she goes to St.falls. And the problem was that, There were these certain guys who followed her althrough everyday. So she was scared to tell anybody. She thought if she acted brave they would run away, so she yells at them telling she is going to bring her so called boyfriend, whose father happens to be a police. And the only person, she thought of was me. Now whenever I go to fetch her, I have to constantly act like she's my girlfriend or something. But nevertheless, I am extremely happy now. Picking up Niha means seeing Aanisha.
I go to sleep with my excitement.
I was really excited today, After coming back from office early I go home have lunch and get ready. I put up a black shirt and denims, and dress up like never before. I wait outside on the opposite side of the road for Niha.And then, I find her, AANISHA my heart goes thump thump, when I catch her looking at me, immediately she turns away. I pray Niha makes it as late as possible. I decide that I will not approach Aanisha today, lets make this a little more fun. So i stand there and just gaze at her. She seems to be talking to her friend. She must be thinking I'm a stranger, she wont even know me. I look at her without moving my eyes. She keeps looking at the road every now and then, maybe she's waiting for someone.
As soon as a van approaches, My view is blocked. I move a little to see, her crossing the road and coming towards my direction. Wow, she must be knowing me then. But she doesn't look at me at all. And then I understand when she gets into the college bus, i realise that she came her for the bus and not me. By the time she gets in, Niha comes in and asks me to leave as soon as possible. Maybe her stalkers are here again, so i dont argue much. But before that I try to catch a glimpse of her sitting peacefully. And I drive away.
While Driving, I decide. Yes tomorrow, tomorrow I'm going to talk to her.
"Dont come tomorrow" niha says
"But why" I ask too eagerly
"No college dude, study holiday".
"oh, okay". I tell her sadly. She seems to notice that
"what's wrong? Common tell me"
There is no point in hiding from her, she will know it anyway. So i tell "You know my marriage is fixed and the girl Aanisha, she studies in ur college only"
"what" she squeals in joy, "so you've met her already?"
"No no, I did'nt meet her in person, I just saw her today, I came to know that it was her when I saw her photo in Ayni's phone. And I dont think so she knows me"
"Oh, so in this situation. I would suggest, you approach her first. "
"yeah I thought the same, i will do it tomorrow, but I guess I'll have to wait until the day after"

After dropping Niha, I go back to office. I had some important things to do. I go back and finish them up. The following week I might be going to china. So I have to finish everything this week, and talk to Aanisha before I leave.
I go back home tired, I go to the mosque and pray. After a while I lay on my bed. I hug my pillow close and think of the way she was smiling and talking. She looked cute. I can't wait another day to see her. But then I mentally think that the fruit of patience is sweeter. Yeah. I have to work alot on that feild;) And then I sleep. So that I could magically wake up day after tomorrow. Weird!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today it goes around like usual. I get up, go to office, come back and eat and pray, the thing follows. What was surprising was when mom came and told me to get a ring for Aanisha. Isn't that supposed to be an elder's job ok I mean a woman's job. I dont know the size, I dont know her prefrence. Nothing. But I tell mom ok. I have to find a way and talk to Aanisha tomorrow somehow. I decide. And go to sleep.

Today I get up with this amazing energy, knowing the fact that I'll be seeing Aanisha today makes me more excited. I go to office in a good mood. When its 1.00 i leave office,go to the mosque and then go home eat lunch. I get ready, and leave immediately. Its 2.00 now Aanisha might be here soon. Its 2.10 and Niha's currently waiting with me for Aanisha. I keep waiting but she doesn't come. What's happening? Has she already left? Or is she yet to come? I wait ther for about 10 more minutes, and then decide to leave. Maybe she's gone, and I can't keep Niha waiting with me, she also has to go home. Not that she mentions anything, but I kinda feel wrong putting her in this awkward situation. So i leave. I drop her and go back to office. As much as the good mood I was in today, it soon got lost in the latter part of the day. I felt hurt like she betrayed me, but then I realise I was being stupid. The next time I will be before time, I think.