missing piece

elena has apologized profusely to kathrine for that night at the hospital, but despite her apologies, she continues to feel that the dane is still standoffish toward her.

"i'm sorry ke, i really am. you didn't deserve me yelling at you. it was completely out of character—"

elena is cut off from her 4th apology of the day when kathrine smiles. elena's almost positive that the blonde wants to groan like she did when elena gave her the second apology.

"really elena, it's okay. i promise."

except to elena, it wasn't okay. none of it was okay. the tone in her voice seemed like she was okay with it all, but elena could tell she wasn't okay at all.

even with everything, kathrine never actually told her she forgives her for what she did.

instead of voicing her frustrations, she nods, walking away, accepting defeat once more.

"you should give her some space," vic said as she juggled a ball next to her. "she's not going to forgive you immediately. especially if you keep annoying her."

"i'm not annoying her," elena's voice dies down. was she annoying her? she shook her head. she was not annoying ke; she was just clarifying her remorse for what happened.

"still," vic shrugged. "we're playing chelsea in two days. you should be focused on that."

elena needed to be more focused, she knew that, but there was too much going on at the moment. her agent had been constantly pestering her with news of what barcelona were offering. it was a substantial amount, much more than what arsenal were currently offering, but conversations were still in the early phases.

she spends her free time talking to lia, who luckily had a very tight window to recover in time, but it was looking positive for the swiss. lia suggests that she talk to jana about it, but jana didn't know.

elena hoped jill didn't tell her either. when lia insists that she talk to her family elena agrees. she reluctantly tells herself that she'll call after the game at kingsmeadow. win or loss, she needed to look at the bigger picture.

despite her lackluster performances during their practices, elena is granted a starting eleven spot. she doesn't play great, it's not terrible, but it's definitely a performance to forget. they lose 2-0, and once again, katie misses a penalty. elena doubts it would've changed much, maybe a momentum swinger, but an unlikely one at that. chelsea eased up in the second half, but they were definitely the better team out there.

she sits next to vic on the bus ride back to london colney. the dutch is whispering harshly into her phone, elena's not proficient in dutch, but viv taught her quite a bit of profanity and to say every sentence vic spoke didn't have a curse word in it, was an outright lie.

elena doesn't know who she's calling, and a part of her doesn't want to know. she wouldn't want to be on the other end of that call.

vic is beyond frustrated when she gets into elena's car. she slams the door as she enters, sinking into her seat.

"what did my car ever do to you?" elena laughs lightly. when vic only glares at her in response, elena's smile fades.

"um, you don't mind if i call jana right now?"

"that's fine," vic gruffly responds."

elena nods, tapping a couple of things on her dashboard before the ringtone echoes inside of her car.

"jana! how'd your game go?"

"hey el, it's not really a good topic of conversation right now," jana sighed quietly.