a different perspective

may 01, 2023 - emirates stadium
if jana fernandez were to be completely honest to herself, she was rooting for arsenal. you should also know that jana fernandez is a great liar. whether she wants to or not, jana has a knack for lying. it started when she was about sixteen years old, but that's a story for another time.

you should know that the situation that jana is dealing with right now, is who she should root for. deep down, a part of herself wants to root for her sister. but she also wants to root for her girlfriend. she loves jill, she loves how she loves football, how she loves the littlest things that life has to offer. she loves how jill loves her.

but when her girlfriend jokingly asks her who she's going to root for in her upcoming game, her breath catches in her throat.

that was yesterday.

today, she's more surprised at the fact that alexia has managed to secure the girls a box at emirates stadium.

usually, jana would prefer to be down in the stands; elena had told her that she got her tickets in the family and friends section a couple of weeks ago. however, a recent revelation changed her mind about being in the family and friends section, so when alexia said she also had tickets, jana jumped at her offer.

the game has been evenly matched between the two teams, but jana often finds her eyes glued to her sister. she was playing beyond phenomenally, there was no doubt about that.

when elena got the assist on arsenal's first goal, all of the spanish girls in the box stood and clapped, jana perhaps most fervently of all. alexia had a proud look on her face, mapi and ingrid were cheering, mapi more than ingrid. salma and claudia had also cheered, with the latter probably leaping off of her seat even before the ball went into the back of the net.

alexia had made some comment after the goal about how elena was really involved in the game so far, both on attack and defense.

"what you mean to say is that you're proud of her; you know you can say it ale," aurora had said, taking a picture of everyone in the box celebrating.

the barcelona captain had simply shaken her head, grinning softly.

when jill scored her goal, jana clapped with a lovesick smile on her face. at least according to aurora's words afterwards. jana would swear she didn't look anything remotely close to lovesick. the cheers are more mild this time around, jana was really the only one who had any reason to root for wolfsburg.

"elena doesn't seem too happy," ingrid frowned as the celebrations died down on the field.

"she didn't do anything wrong, at least from what i saw," salma shrugged.

"i don't know, maybe she's sad because arsenal just conceded. just a thought." vicky, the youngest out of all of them shrugged. salma had slapped her playfully.

"she looks more mad than sad," claudia chimed in.

jana knew that elena's expression was because of jill's celebration. her girlfriend often liked celebrating her goals, but elena probably thought it was a bit abrasive considering it was against her former club. elena did have a high amount of club loyalty, even if it wasn't her own. at least that was what jana concluded.

when halftime rolled around, most of the girls stayed in the box, but their conversations were interrupted by some english fans beneath them, trying to ask for a photo. alexia agreed, but the remaining girls, jana included, tried to fade away into the back.

when the second half was about to resume, the rest of the girls deemed it safe to return.

"wow, look at la reina, such an amiable person," bruna teased. alexia rolled her eyes, lowering the nike cap on her head.