Chapter 12: Shattered Sight

Slumping down in the shower and letting the water lap at your skin and hair, you got to work washing your hair with the complimentary shampoo and conditioner. You hissed in pain at the shower heating up unexpectedly. Well, that brought you back to reality. You quickly rinsed your hair our while standing up completely, gripping the handle of the tub to hoist yourself up. Turning it off, you grabbed the nearby white towel and dried yourself before stepping out. The steam fogged up the mirrors as you looked around at the room.

You stepped out of the bathroom to the bedroom.

The sound of your phone ringing filled the room as you laid on the bed, sprawled out while wearing nothing but a clean pair of underwear. You grabbed the phone and sighed before answering with a "Hello, Legends Never Cry. (Y/n) speaking, how may I help you?".

The sound of snickering on the other side caused your frown to deepen. "What is it you want, Violet? And how did you know my number?" you spit out; tiredness lacing your voice.

"Well what I want is a nice new hot drink and you keeping me company while I finish off this pot pie" She bites back, playfulness in her voice. You can't help but to roll your eyes.

She seems a lot happy during your amends friendship. Or the part where she saw you naked. That still made you embarrass by that thought. Her hungry gaze that trails down your body and-

Oh shut up!

"So how goes boxing? Let me guess, a bit more than you can-" You didn't even let him finish  "-can chew. Yeah yeah, well unlike some sort of  fighters I know, it actually takes effort to defeat demons." You huffed, rubbing your temples.

"Now now, I may look 'hot'.'"  You can feel her air quotes from here. "But I am no quitter.... Seriously though, how are you?" Vi's voice drifted off as you turned to lay on your back. 

Was that concern?

 Pfft, yeah right.

"Not too shabby. I have one more job on sweating myself before I could take on a real job so I can finish my training." You listen to Vi's breathing, eyeing the newly formed bruises on your body. You hear the sound of footsteps and a woman's voice you didn't recognize over the phone. 

Your brow knits. Vi sounds like she's got company. 

That familiar pang clutches your heart again.

"Well, just remember I'm always a call away. I'll come dig you out if that's what you need. Stay safe, alright? I've got someone over right now but then I'm as free as you want, MoonCake." Well, that verified your thoughts. 

You frowned at the nickname--especially knowing that she'll be calling the lady that same nickname in a matter of minutes.

"Alright. I will. Take care, alright Vi? I'll see you when I get back." Your heart aches when you hear the phone get set down and you wondered if she even listened to you. You hear the woman over the phone asks who that was. Your heart clenches harder hearing Vi reply with 'No one.'

So much for a nice conversation from your school mate.

While packing up, it was time to work  for the trash company that pays you twenty for a week. You went out the gym when you were greeted with terrifying men you don't know.

You swear that the red flags alert you of danger when you were about to run , you were knocked out cold.

You woke up, face to the concrete floor. You groaned in pain, attempting to sit up. Hands chained together behind your back. Faint footsteps could be heard getting closer.

"You thought you could get away with just simple threats, (Y/n)? Well.... those lies aren't gonna work again."

Anakin's deep, raspy, voice spoke. After sitting up, you looked up glaring  him. "Anakin... you bastard. Haven't I made myself clear that if you cause more than plotting against me? You really are sick, you know that?"