The Quiet After the Storm

Their day concluded with a quiet evening back at the lodge, where the group had gathered for a movie night. They settled on the floor, popcorn in hand, and Amara found herself nestled comfortably beside Wonwoo.

As the movie played, she could feel the warmth radiating from him, a sense of safety that enveloped her like a soft blanket. She caught Hoshi's eye across the room, and he winked playfully, making her laugh.

"Are you two okay over there?" Hoshi teased, his voice loud enough for everyone to hear.

Amara felt her cheeks flush, but she smiled back. "Just enjoying the movie!" she called, but her heart raced at the attention.

Wonwoo leaned closer, his breath warm against her ear. "Ignore them. Let's focus on the movie," he whispered, his voice low and soothing.

As the film played, Amara found herself lost in the moment, feeling a sense of belonging among the group. The atmosphere was filled with laughter, the sound of friends enjoying each other's company—a feeling she had longed for since her arrival in Korea.

But as the days passed, the pressure of her work began to take a toll. Amara found herself increasingly overwhelmed, juggling her responsibilities as a psychologist and the expectations of her role within Seventeen.

One afternoon, after a particularly challenging session with a client, she returned home exhausted, feeling a familiar wave of anxiety wash over her. She sank onto her bed, overwhelmed by the weight of it all.

I can't keep doing this, she thought, tears streaming down her face. What if I fail them?

Her phone buzzed with a message from Wonwoo: "Hey, can we talk? I'm worried about you."

The thought of his concern sent a wave of guilt through her. She didn't want to burden him with her struggles, but she also craved his comfort. "I'll be at the café. Meet me there?"

When he arrived, he looked worried, concern etched on his face. "Amara, what's going on?" he asked, his voice gentle but firm.

Taking a deep breath, she opened up about her feelings—the stress of her job, the anxiety from fans, and the toll it was taking on her health.

"I just don't know if I can keep this up," she confessed, her voice shaking. "What if I can't handle it?"

Wonwoo reached for her hand, his grip firm and steady. "You're not alone in this, Amara. We're a team. You can lean on us. You're strong, but it's okay to ask for help."

His words resonated deeply, reminding her of the bond they had formed. "Thank you," she whispered, her heart aching with gratitude.