Amara arrival

Across town, Amara stood at a busy intersection, her heart pounding as she took in the sights and sounds of Seoul for the first time. A 5'0" black woman, she had recently moved from Germany to South Korea, driven by her passion for psychology and a desire to make a difference in the world of K-pop. The culture shock was palpable; the bustling city felt overwhelming, yet there was a thrill in every new experience.

She marveled at the vendors shouting their wares, the tantalizing smell of tteokbokki lingering in the air. Her excitement was tempered by anxiety. Would she fit in? Would her background be accepted in an industry that often felt homogeneous?

Amara took a deep breath and recalled the supportive words of her mother as she navigated the crowded street. "Just be yourself, Amara. Your uniqueness is your strength."

As she approached a small café, a playful commotion drew her attention. Hoshi and Mingyu, two members of Seventeen, were animatedly debating over the best way to order coffee. Amara couldn't help but smile at their infectious energy. Gathering her courage, she stepped inside, hoping to order something familiar.

But as she fumbled with the menu, her heart sank. The words blurred, and she felt a wave of embarrassment wash over her. Suddenly, Hoshi was at her side, leaning over the counter.

"Need a hand?" he asked, his bright smile disarming her.

Amara nodded, relief flooding her. "I'm trying to figure out what to order. Everything looks so good, but I don't know what anything is!"

Mingyu chimed in, "Let us help! You've got to try the sweet potato latte; it's a must!"

Their laughter filled the café, and Amara felt a warmth spreading in her chest.