bonds strengthen

As the hours passed, laughter filled the air, echoing off the walls of the lodge. They played everything from charades to card games, the competitive spirit bringing out the best—and silliest—in each of them.

"Okay, I'm going to attempt to draw this, and you all have to guess what it is!" Amara announced, her voice ringing with excitement.

She grabbed a piece of paper and began sketching, her focus intense. The group leaned in, their eyes glued to her hand as she created a somewhat lopsided rendition of a dog.

"What is that? A potato?" Wonu teased, his eyes sparkling with laughter.

"Hey! It's a dog!" Amara protested, playfully glaring at him.

"More like a potato with legs!" Hoshi chimed in, and everyone erupted into laughter again.

Amara felt her cheeks heat up, but she couldn't help but join in their mirth. The joy of the moment reminded her of why she loved being here, connecting with these incredible individuals.

As the night wore on, she found herself sitting beside Wonwoo again, their shoulders brushing as they shared snacks. He looked at her, a warm smile gracing his lips. "You really bring a lot of joy to the group," he said softly, his voice barely above the sound of the rain pounding against the windows.

Her heart fluttered at his words. "I just want everyone to have fun. It's easy to forget about the pressures when you're with good friends."

He nodded, his gaze thoughtful. "You've definitely made it easier for us."

Amara felt a swell of warmth at his appreciation, and in that moment, she realized how much she cared for him. It was more than just friendship; it was something deeper, something she was afraid to acknowledge.