moment of vulnerability

The storm outside continued to rage, but inside the lodge, it was a haven of laughter and warmth. As the evening wore on, they decided to gather around the fireplace, the flickering flames casting a cozy glow over the room.

"Let's tell ghost stories!" Woozi suggested, his voice teasingly eerie.

"Great idea!" Hoshi exclaimed, jumping to his feet. "I have a really good one!"

As the stories began, Amara found herself captivated by the thrill of the moment, but as the tales grew darker, she felt a strange sensation wash over her. It wasn't fear, but a reminder of her own past, of the struggles she faced with her health.

When it was her turn, Amara hesitated. She could tell a story, but it wouldn't be the same; it would be real, and that was terrifying.

"Come on, Amara! We want to hear your best ghost story!" Hoshi encouraged, eyes sparkling with mischief.

Taking a deep breath, she leaned forward, feeling the weight of their anticipation. "Okay, but it's a bit different. It's more of a cautionary tale," she began, her voice steady despite the rapid beating of her heart.

"It was about a girl who thought she was invincible. She never took care of her health and ignored the signs her body was giving her until one day..." Amara's voice trailed off, and she felt her throat tighten as she continued, "She collapsed, alone, in a dark alley."

Silence fell over the group, the warmth of the fire contrasting sharply with the heaviness of her words.

"But she learned, and she fought back," she added, her eyes locking onto Wonwoo's. "She realized that her health mattered, that it was okay to lean on others for support."

Wonwoo's gaze softened, understanding flooding his features. "That's a powerful story, Amara. It's important to remember that we're not alone, no matter what we face."

His words lingered in the air, a balm for the vulnerability she had laid bare. The bond between them felt deeper now, fortified by their shared understanding.