Chapter 2

After I cut the cake and ate it all by myself and the guy Raymond, or Ray, or whoever the hell he was, stared at me disgustedly, I let out a big burp and looked at the old woman.

"I believe I deserve a few explanations," I growled.

She smiled and I cursed at myself for ever feeling sorry about her age.

The guy perked up, but still managed to sulk and look moody.

"This was an agreement which had to be made because of a bet that I've lost to your grandmother."

"What?" I spat out. "A bet?"

"It was about whom your grandfather would propose to and he chose her. So to compensate for this bet, your grandmother asked me to promise either all my property or my grandson to her grand daughter. I opted the latter," she shrugged.

"You decided to sell me off instead of your money?" Ray yelled and I chuckled.

"Well, I secured you a wife in a way," she shrugged again.

"I have many girls dying to be my wife!" He protested.

"One should never be so overconfident," I snickered.

"And you should just shut your mouth," he growled and turned towards the old ladies. "Can't you just cancel the entire bet?"

"I'm afraid I can't," the old woman said.

"Why not?"

"Because in case I fail to give her my grandson, then our entire property would belong to her, leaving us on the streets."

"I don't care where you go," I smirked. "I'll at least get the property."

"That's unfair! Why don't you cancel the marriage?" Ray argued.

"That's  not possible as well," Grandpa sighed. "If the marriage is cancelled from our end, then we would be on the streets. It is a two way agreement. You should stay together."

"Why did you guys have to make this stupid bet?" I yelled. "And Grandpa, weren't there any other women instead of these two that you could choose from?"

"Had I known this earlier, I would have done things differently." He sighed.

"Ugh! So there is no way for us to cancel this deal?"

"Nope."

Ray's phone buzzed and he took his call. "Hello? Yeah, man? What? Not this weekend!" He yelled. "What if I don't submit it?" He waited. "Fail? They can't fail me for that! No!" He groaned. He heard what the person on the other line told, and sighed. "I'll come back. Okay, thanks, mate. Yeah, bye."

"What happened, son?" His mother asked worriedly and he simply sighed. 

"I have to give my seminar, or else they are going to fail me this semester. I need to go back to the university by tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? I can arrange to it," the father spoke. Also, we can get you admitted in the same university tomorrow! It will all be done, fear nothing as long as I am here!"

"Same university? What?" I stepped back. "I am not going anywhere! I'm not leaving this college!"

Well, I tried to protest against their wile decisions, but in the end, they won. My bags were packed overnight, the tickets were booked and I was shipped off to another country, right after my birthday and also my so called marriage. I was made to sit next to the sulky guy and my grandparents were before us and his parents, behind us.

"Listen," he whispered. "This thing about our marriage, keep it a secret. I don't want it spreading all over the university. Also, deal with this for the time being. I'll try to find out a loop hole in this entire deal so that we can get off this marriage. Okay?"